Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Drop off for DCF

If anyone in the GTA has donations they want to send to The Dubois Charitable Foundation I have room in a trailer that I will be taking to the warehouse after next weekend the 30th.
The trailer is in the area of Dixie Rd and the 401 in Mississauga and I am very flexible as far as days and times to meet there.
If interested please send me a message here or on the " other " site or contact Canuks and she will get us together.
Thx Lenny

Hola Lenny!! Where is the first container of the year heading?
I have some collapsable dog cages and some feral cat traps.
Hope the winter has treated you well! The geese are flocking back to The County.

Thank you Lenny for posting this. Can you please explain what kind of donations are allowed? Any idea what is most needed to Cubans for this donation? Can you please let everyone know here on the forum so that we can look to give donation. Thank you!

the donations go to homes for the aged, orphanages and care facilities in areas that typically do not receive tourist $ or donations. there are items as small as clothing, toys for children, cooking items, walkers, hospital beds… (no food, no religious materials are included) Medical supplies. see their website for more details.

The nice thing is John & Marian scout out the sites that need help and then later check to ensure that the items arrived. I can not fathom the amount of bureaucratic hurtles (cr*p) they have to go through and I do know at one point it was almost going to stop as it was near to madness what the ordeal they were putting John through.

The last container (or 2nd last) of 2013 there were veterinary supplies that also went down for the Spanky project and books for the veterinary college…

http://www.duboischaritablefoundation.com/help.html

ITEMS NOT SUITABLE FOR SHIPMENT
Couches, stuffed chairs.
Coffee tables, step tables.
Non functioning equipment.
Items needing repair.
Items needing cleaning/disinfecting.
Large pieces of furniture.
Knick knacks.

ITEMS SUITABLE FOR DONATION
Please ensure that everything is clean and usable.

Toys of all types, including ride-ons, (must be clean).
Clothing and shoes for infants, toddlers, children, teens, men, and women.
Sports equipment and supplies (balls, gloves, air pumps, roller blades, etc)
Exercise equipment.
Fishing equipment.
Linens: sheets, pillow cases, blankets, towels, face cloths, etc.
Wheelchairs, walkers, canes, and scooters.
Personal care items (such as shampoo, body lotion, soap, toothpaste, razors, deodorant, lipstick).
Female hygiene products.
Tools: manual and power.
Musical instruments and accessories (reeds, mouthpieces, strings, drumsticks, etc).
Tables & chairs.
Computers: Pentium IV and better (all computer equipment is inspected and hard drives are wiped of data before sending).
Office supplies of all sorts: paper, clips, file folders, staplers, staples.
Fax machines, photocopiers, printers, and related supplies (paper, toner).
Filing cabinets, and office chairs.
Educational supplies (notebooks, chalk, erasers, pens, pencils).
Bed side tables, small dressers and wardrobes.
Kitchen items of every description - pots, pans, knives, spoons, glasses, cups,etc.
Bicycles: adults’ and children’s.
Medical equipment and supplies.

Thank you very much Canuks for description of items that are allowed for donations. I will check my kids toys that they did not use and collect other things and deliver to bicycleman before end of the April. Great things you guys doing to help Cuban people. Thanks