Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

E-tickets

Apparently, all vacation packages are e-ticketed, meaning that you do not get actual vouchers for your hotel and airline tickets, but you get something that looks like a email that has your names, airline information of departure and arrival and hotel information on a 3 to 4 page sheets.

I went and picked up my e-ticket from my travel agent this afternoon, and that is what I got for my husband and I on 1 4 paged sheet.

I was also checking the information to make sure I received everything, and the package did not have our tourist visas. The travel agent said that we will get them when we check in.

Just for everyone else to know, since I was not aware of these changes.

???

we book our vacation on Nov 6 and received them via email today Nov.8

We booked our trip in late September for departure November 26th and we received our EDocuments today. Booked Sunquest through Your Travel Tickets.

Same here. My wife and I are leaving Nov 19 and just have a piece of paper. I photocopeid it just in case. Apparently the tourist cards will be given to us at the airport from our Signature rep. Weird I always like to have my tickets in my hand before I get to the airport. Sign of the times, in this age of technology.

Hi there,
This is all new to me also?! We usually book through a local travelagent but this time we went through 1travel2000…We are leaving January 4-11 to Catalonia and when we booked the trip 3 weeks ago I thought she had said we would have our tickets in the mail within 10 days. Well yesterday I phoned wondering where our tickets were and she said OH no I meant you will have them in the mail 10 days before you go on your trip!
Does this make any sence? This is why we thought we would ask for them this time so we had them to take with us instead of picking everything up at the airport! Now Im wondering if we made the right decision with christmas snail mail etc!
She never mentioned anything about emailing them to us???
Kim :-[

Got mine yesterday.
I booked on Oct 31 and leaving on Nov 25.
Heading to Fun Tropicale for the 5th time.
I was there 5 weeks ago but it seems more like 5 months. :sunglasses:

deeprivergirl…we are the same. Flying out on Jan 4 for 2wks. Our “tickets” will be e-documents & will be sent to us 10-14days before we leave. We will receive our tourist cards from the Sunquest ticket desk when we arrive at the Ottawa airport. You keep the e-documents with you, as this will be confirmation at the resort that you are booked in…there will be no more pre-flight packettes (hotel voucher, tourist card, travel voucher, luggage tags)

Our trip was booked & deposit paid on July 1 with BelAir travel…all this new information was told to us by our rep at BelAir & is even printed on the trip confirmation sheet that was faxed to us.

For additional information on e-documents see the Sunquest website:
sunquest.ca click on e-documents (right hand side), click on ?FAQ

There’s some good discussion on the e-ticket procedure on the ‘main players’ websites. I know for sure that Sunquest and Signature are doing this, as for the rest, I’m not sure. But it would be easy to check your operator’s site.

Sunquest - http://www.sunquest.ca/content.asp?page=11603

Signature - http://www.signaturevacations.com/edoc/verifyBooking.jsp?Content=FAQ&isAgent=no&lang=e

Air Transat - couldn’t find anything on their site

Those links may change as the operators update their sites.

Yes our tour operator is Nolitours and flying with Air-transat!
It looks like I should be looking into this further ???
Thanks for all of your info!
Kim

Kim (deeprivergirl2), I have sent you a PM.

We recently booked through Itravel on an Air Transat deal out of Toronto leaving for Punta Cana on Feb7

When we booked, I got an email back almost right away from ITravel that said --“E-Ticket will be sent to your Email address approximately 2-3 weeks before departure”

My agent at Itravel is under the impression that AT will email the e-docs to ITravel who in turn will email them to us using our email address on file with them

This procedure therefore seems to be different than Sunquest and Signature who are both apparently requiring people to Sign In on the tour operators’ webistes and to then insert their Booking Number and last name in order to have access to the e-docs in order to print them out.

Does anyone who has booked through an agent using AT as the tour operator and who is due to depart soon after November 23 received their edocs yet?—AT was supposed to start this for all departures on or after Nov 23 and we are now within the 2-3 wk window

I will have to read over my confirmation form we printed off!
It is just scary thinking that we are leaving a week right after xmas and the mail could be slow!
Thanks for the heads up!
Kim
P.S I will let you know if I find anything els out!

[quote author=ionsys board=general thread=1162935168 post=1163109871]We recently booked through Itravel on an Air Transat deal out of Toronto leaving for Punta Cana on Feb7

When we booked, I got an email back almost right away from ITravel that said --"E-Ticket will be sent to your Email address approximately 2-3 weeks before departure"

My agent at Itravel is under the impression that AT will email the e-docs to ITravel who in turn will email them to us using our email address on file with them

This procedure therefore seems to be different than Sunquest and Signature who are both apparently requiring people to Sign In on the tour operators’ webistes and to then insert their Booking Number and last name in order to have access to the e-docs in order to print them out.

Does anyone who has booked through an agent using AT as the tour operator and who is due to depart soon after November 23 received their edocs yet?—AT was supposed to start this for all departures on or after Nov 23 and we are now within the 2-3 wk window[/quote]

I didn’t have to sign in on any web site…I received an email with an attachment . The attachment was our itinerary , tickets and hotel voucher. We used Sell off Vacations to book and Signature is the tour company

I’ve used e-tickets a few times on regularly scheduled airlines, but never for a vacation charter. It’ll be interesting to see if there are any hiccups in the system, as this seems to be a source of stress to a lot of people.

Tom

Well I have yet to go to the Dominican…Going to be going next year but when I went to Cuba last year, thru Sunwing, we had e-tickets and there was no problem. In fact, I haven’t seen a ticket in about 3 years now…We booked thru a travel agent and she just printed off our e ticket right as soon as we booked…and we got our visa at the airport…Hope this helps ease a few fears…

Hi there everyone!
Well we went to Punta Cana just this past Jan 06 … we booked through a local agent with the same company as now NOLITOURS … we picked up our normal tickets at the airport! Now people are saying that they are getting e-mailed to the vacationer???
Someone said that he has been receiving tickets through the email for 3 years well that wasn’t our case. Just to let you know that this is all new to me! AND yes there had better not be any glitches in the system! LOL
I looked at our confirmation letter and in it said that our tickets will be available to be picked up 3 hours before departure at the airport… I have called as that was a typo as we had asked for them to be sent to us. When I called our rep through itravel2000 to confirm that we wanted them sent to us she said YES they will be mailed out 10 days prior to our trip!
So ya there seems to be alot of confusion to do with these tickets!
Kim ???
As long as I get out of Toronto on January 4th and on my way to the sunny dominican I will be happy!!! :sunglasses:

Used e-tickets for our trip to Asia this year…no problems. In fact less paper work to keep track of. Had no problems at any of the eight airports we had to travel through.

re Itravel

Several days ago, after getting wind of possibility of edocs, I called 2 agents at Itravel out of the blue–not my own Itravel agent–and they both said that as far as they knew AirTransat was a pick up at airport situation for Punta Cana. They were both aware that Sunquest used edocs but no one told them that AT was following suit as of N23 departures

So, only THEN did I immediately call my own agent at Itravel in Toronto(who earlier had thought that At was going to use edocs) and asked her to call AT and get the real lowdown–which she did–she called me back in an hour or so and said AT was indeed switching to edocs for PC (maybe everywhere) on all departures on or after N23–since in AT’s view Sunquest had apparently experienced no problems with it.

So, anyone calling their Itravel agent might well get someone who still doesn’t know yet–in that case one should insist on that agent calling AT to confirm the changeover.

I would still like to hear from anyone using AT as the tour operator and who is leaving soon (this month) as to whether their agent (eg Itravel etc) has emailed the edocs yet. MY Itravel agent said she believed AT would email the edocs to Itravel who would then email them to the clients

update–5 minutes ago I just got an email from AirTransat Holidays that said:

“thankyou for contacting us.Please note that starting November 20 travel documents will be transmitted to clients by email through their travel agencies”

I had separately emailed AT asking “what gives?”

I just spoke with my agent and on Friday I talked to Sunwing as well. About two months ago everyone started issuing e-tickets. One of the main reason’s that lately too many people misplaced their tickets and there is a cost of issuing new ones. This way they can e-mail you or your agent the tickets right away. My agent keeps copy of my tickets in her computer until we leave :wink: Not that we lost any…just a precaution:-)