Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

E-tickets?

Just a quick question about E-tickets

Leaving from Toronto with Sunwing
I have printed out the E-tickets that were emailed to be by Sunwing.

Do you just take this right to the check in counter and they will give you the actual Flight tickets or do you have to exchange them somewhere else in the Airport first?

Will the resort except an email copy of their voucher for your stay with them? or is this exchanged in at the Airport aswell?

Why can’t Sunwing make up this 6 pages of E-ticket print out with one item per page. My flight portion takes up two pages, the bottom of the 2nd page is the top portion of resort voucher which carries over to the 3rd page, which has airport parking coupons on it as well. ::slight_smile:

Thanks for any info…

[quote=@dvsjeep]Just a quick question about E-tickets

Leaving from Toronto with Sunwing
I have printed out the E-tickets that were emailed to be by Sunwing.

Do you just take this right to the check in counter and they will give you the actual Flight tickets or do you have to exchange them somewhere else in the Airport first?

Take them to the check-in counter. They’ll give you your boarding pass and attach your luggage claim tags to your printout and return it to you. Keep the printout for your return home. Suggestion: Print out a second backup copy and keep it elsewhere. Handy if you lose the original.

Will the resort except an email copy of their voucher for your stay with them? or is this exchanged in at the Airport aswell?

Yes, they will accept the email copy.

Why can’t Sunwing make up this 6 pages of E-ticket print out with one item per page. My flight portion takes up two pages, the bottom of the 2nd page is the top portion of resort voucher which carries over to the 3rd page, which has airport parking coupons on it as well. ::slight_smile:

No idea, but it’s been like that for a while.

Thanks for any info…[/quote]

I’ve never traveled with Sunwing but have been using e tickets for 5 years. The usual practice is that you show your e ticket and passport or ID at the Sunwing Counter and you will be processed. The e ticket and ID will be returned to you along with your boarding pass. Retain your e ticket as you will need it for the return trip. When you get to your destination a rep from Sunwing will meet you and direct you to the bus which will go to your destination. At the resort your name will be on a list. Sometimes you have to show your e ticket but that is not always the case.

Basically your e ticket is used for all transactions; keep it close at hand. Put your mind to rest; there shouldn’t be any confusions and if there are, your e ticket has all the necessary information.

Thanks for the reply’s!!! Considering I travel south a couple of times a year for many years now,I can’t believe this is the first time with E-tickets for me, I have always had hard copy tickets in my hand, so this is new to me…

10 days!! whoo hooo

Welcome to the 21st century. Paper is now passe. Very few are issuing paper tickets now (big cost savings) and the ones that are are a dying breed.

Well that was strange thing there are 12 of us on this package, 60+ in total going, booked through two different TA, but the same Tour Operator ( Sunwing) some got hard copy tickets some got E-tickets, so I guess there still some options out there, I never thought to ask, but I like the idea of having a back up copy of everything just by hitting print a second time…

Can’t wait for the first blast of hot air taking your breath away as you get off the plane…