Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Easter in the DR

Hi everyone, I’m new at this so bare with me. My husband and I are going to Secrets in April 2006 on Easter week. I read somewhere that because of religious beliefs that water sports and various other activities may not be happening. Can anyone give me any info about this? Also any info you might know about Secrets that might be helpful. We will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and his 51 birthday. And we do like to party and have a good time.

Thanks for your help

First of all welcome to Debbie’s.

At Easter it is common practice to curtail all motorized water sports.

You will have no problems at Secrets and anywhere in the Punta Cana area, the only motorized things are the boats, jet ski’s are not allowed.

Secrets is a beautiful resort but in my opinion a bit off the beatin path, when I visited I found the water was rather rough(red flag)with a lot of coral outcroppings in the water, better beach is just a bit south of the Secrets complex.

Enjoy your trip

Thanks so much for the info. Still trying to learn how to navigate thru this website. It has been full of useful info. I’m glad I found it. Any type of Info will be useful to us, so thanks again.

It’s a really nice resort and as stated it’s a little out of the way. Plan on 1.5 hr bus trip to get from the airport. The beach is exposed (no reef) and can be a little rough, but if you walk down the beach towards Sirenis then you start to get some protection from the reef.
We took a short walk-thru last year. I’ve got photos and a short slide show at http://home.cogeco.ca/~dungan/DominicanRepublic/
Bob

Bob thanks for your time and info. Checked out your photos. They were great. the anticipation about going is almost unbearable. Thanks again

After reading more info I’m concerned about whether we need any kind of shots or meds for malaria. Does any one know?

Thanks