Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

El Cortecito?

Just wondering if El Cortecito or Plaza Bavaro are close to the Grand Palladium Palace? If so, are we talkin’ walking distance or a taxi ride??

go to the beach turn right and it is right next door to the Palladium.

sorry it is El Cortecito that is next door

And the plaza would be about a 15 min walk out the drive and up the road to your right.

Senior Wud, BFC and Gregg - hope i’ts ok if i post this URL ;D

Gracias

Punta Cana map and directions to ElCorticito and Plaza Bavaro.

http://www.camadosa.com/english/htm/map.html

Rachel

Is it just me or do others find that map confusing??

No offense Rachel!!!

we took that map with us and I had a real hard time with it.

It’s just you. LOL ;D

[quote author=raynlea board=general thread=1136381299 post=1136381299]Just wondering if El Cortecito or Plaza Bavaro are close to the Grand Palladium Palace? If so, are we talkin’ walking distance or a taxi ride??

If you check out the map in the previous posts the Grand Paladium is referenced as Fiesta Resorts and El Cortecito can be referenced as Cortecito Inn. Both locations are within reasonable walking distance from the (Fiesta) Grand Paladium.

However, please be aware, if one does walk to the subject areas in the Sun via the street from the Grand Paladium there is very little natural shade available. It can be very hot on some days, dress cool, wear a wide brim hat, and/or use a parasol, and carry some water.

Because of this heat factor, PJT would recommend a taxi for those in poor health, elderly, and small children.

Note: There is a service entrance to/from the Grand Paladium Resort that abuts the Plaza Punta Cana/Plaza Bavaro locations. The service road does provide shade for a walk. However, use of this access to and from the resort may be restricted to staff use only. However, it may be worth a try, just play the dumb tourist.

Regards,
PJT

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR HELP!! :slight_smile:
The map is most excellent, already printed it (gives us a really good idea just where the resorts are located) and combined with the directions given, I’m sure we’ll have no problems finding the Plaza or El Cortecito! We’re assuming it is a safe area for us to just walk up to the plaza to shop on our own??

Special thanks to you PJT for your concern - It is appreciated.
We’ll be sure to take the proper precautions for the heat. Gotta tell you though, we live in Nova Scotia & it is FREEZING here today, so, I’m really looking forward to having to use lots of SUNBLOCK!! Thanks again :wink:

PJT: can you tell me the correct way to pronounce Cortecito

PJT thanks for the “dumb tourist” trick.

We tried that “dumb tourist thing 8-)” when we stayed at the Fiesta and got away with it for about one week…then the guards caught on to our “dumb” trick and we were told we had to go the long way and believe me the “honest :-[” way is much longer :P…to plaza Bavaro.

Hula - it’s pronounced like it is spelled
"el… cor… ti… ci… to…"

thanks