Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Elegance/Colonial update & question

Just received news from my travel agent. We were booked for the Elegance Nov 7-14 with Sunwing out of Toronto. We are now to be accommodated at the Colonial with an upgrade from Standard Jr. Suite to Colonial Jr. Suite Ocean Front, Adult Only. We are also being offered an additional 7 nights AI at the Elegance, free of charge, at a later date, we only need to pay air fare and presumably transportation to and from airport. Needless to say, we are very pleased with this outcome.

My question: having searched the forums and the Majestic web site I am still unclear as to what additional amenities are offered in the Adult Only section of the resort. It’s my understanding that there is an adult only pool and an adult only lounge bar. Am I missing anything?

Thanks to Debbie and the moderators for this wonderful resource and to all the posters who share their experiences and opinions.

Paz, Norm

When you arrive you will be taken to a private adult only check in center for each building, and be able to lounge around and have a cool drink until they are ready to book you in. Each person is done individually. Beautifly spot.

hello Paz, Norm
lucky you 7 days free fantastic but tell have they made an adult section in the colonial also ???
or is this going to be temporary ???

mpkr

I do believe that it is an Adults only room in the Colonial. I could be wrong, as things change in this business, but I do not think you will find any adults only features at the Colonial, but will at Elegance upon your return.

Cheers

PCMike

(paz =peace)

mpkr… I must plead ignorance, hence my original question. As hlywud replied to my post , I am assuming an adult only pool, adult only lounge bar and relaxed check-in. Also, as puntacanamike has pointed out, I am not allowed to bring my children. Other than that, the resort may well have children running willy-nilly about the place… that has never really been an issue for me anyway as I kind of enjoy the little monsters… as long as I only have to be entertained by their antics and not actually look after them… I am planning to bring my Bubba Mug, my Dorks (er, Crocs, better than sandals IMHO) and my best “lets have a good time & meet some great people (touristas, staff & natives) attitude”

Are you going to be there that week? If so, do not be shy, say hello…

Paz…

Norm

Paz
no I,m not shy a all … but I,m going to the elegance on dec 7…if nt sure I would of stop by and say HI .
mpkr

I hope the resort is ready for you… looks like it’s gonna be great… however it turns out, I’m sure Majestic will treat you well… Enjoy your trip!

Norm

I’m at the Colonial right now, there are adult only rooms, but no “adult only” sections anywhere else, the little monsters are having a ball by the way!

So am I, Mike, I never heard back about that bike part you needed, but I’d still love to buy you a beer Buddy!

Adios Amigos, beach party tonight!

hey there…sorry…i have to figure out just exactly what i need…but a beer…hmmmmm…i can always us a beer!

Drop me a message and i will arrange to meet you!

Cheers

PCMike

Paz
Bon Voyage … you are going before me … I,m going with a open mind .So I won’t be disappointed … but I do think it won’t be that bad … I’m confident :slight_smile:
mpkr

Hi Kingstonnorm, who is your travel agent. Sounds like you got a great deal.