Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Enter the dragon

For the snorkelers…a short clip I filmed a couple of nights ago ;D

https://vimeo.com/54362926

The music alone almost gave me heart failure. lol

I could sense what was coming but kept hoping the little blue guy would clue in and make a break for it. Still made me jump :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks wossa.

My photos from the same diving trip taken last week ;D

http://www.warrenssite.com/Egypt/Deep-South-Red-Sea-November/26713142_4W8cBh#

Wow, you’re really good, wossa1, do you make a living at doing this (lucky you if you do!)
On the page with the little yellow fish hiding in the anemone (I think that’s what it’s called?), is it true that you must never touch them because they are poisonous?

Thanks so much for sharing these, wossa. They are incredibly beautiful.

[quote=@zendudette]Wow, you’re really good, wossa1, do you make a living at doing this (lucky you if you do!)
On the page with the little yellow fish hiding in the anemone (I think that’s what it’s called?), is it true that you must never touch them because they are poisonous?[/quote]

Thanks Zendudette / Rosiart…I don’t make a living out of this unfortunately, these are just my holiday snaps ;D

The little yellow fish are clown fish and they hide in the anemones. The anemones can give a powerful sting, various degrees of toxicity depending on variety. The clown fish are immune to the stings and use the anemones for protection. For close up shots like this I usually have to be within 2 to 3 cm’s from the fish, so I am very aware of the anemone and its tenticles :wink:

Wossa, Zendudette

To add to the yellow fish Clown fish;
I read that the clown-fish always live in pairs; The female is the largest of the two numbers of the pair, Curiously, if the female is lost the surviving male changes sex and becomes female.

also once again Warren great video and pictures; as always thanks for sharing. I just dove in Playa Pesquero last week but nothing spectacular to report.