Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Excellence Resort

Hi all! I am going on my honeymoon in July and was wondering if anyone has anything to say about Excellence Resort. It seems to be very nice especially in you upgrade to the excellence club. Has anyone stayed there? I am excited that there are many restruant options but kinda bumbed that it is on the far end of Punta Cana. Does this seem to be a problem or do you mostly stay on your resort?

I guess it depends on your point of view. Yes, the place is out of the way, but IMHO this can be an advantage. You’re not wall to wall with other hotels and there’s miles of pristine beach to walk. It’s about a 15 minute walk to the right, facing the ocean (at a Dominican pace) to the Sirenis property and about the same to the next hotel if you go the other way.

I went to Secrets in 2004 for my honeymoon. It was wonderful. Peaceful, definitely not a party atmosphere. I have never thought about location as a reason to stay anywhere per say, any excursion will pick you up where-ever you are staying. I did two excursions when I was there, Sonoma Island and a different version of swim with the sharks/ray which doesn’t seem to exist anymore. The room service food was GREAT too… food is really good there. Very romantic.

Dreams…once Sunscape the Beach ~ we stayed there within the first few months that it opened ~ (same location as Exellence) ~ was one of our favorite resorts ~ we actually toured the Excellence property while we were there ~ it was awesome too! ~ we have been to the DR 10 times now and we still think about it and smile ~ yes you are out in the middle of nowhere ~ but walking those beaches ~ the peace ~ the tranquillity…nothing better ~ !! ~

Enjoy ~ P&C ~

Just to keep the record straight, Excellence, Sirenis and Dreams are on the same beach, but the walk from Excellence to Dreams is about 3/4 hour.

We loved Excellence in 2004. We just had a regular room and we had a great time. The only downside is the water can be a bit rough at times ( we loved the waves). Enjoy you will have a blast. I wish we could go back.

Oh yeah def it’s a room… who cares about paying more for a nicer room… who’s gonna spend forever there? I took the most basic room and was very happy at Secrets