Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Expedia/Travelocity/Orbitz Oddity?

Just wondering if any other users of the online “plan-it-yourself” companies have encountered this or not…

3 years back these same services identified for me a host of “All Inclusive” resorts to choose from.

I keep fiddling around with the to/from dates and other trip criteria, and cannot get any of these services to identify a single “All Inclusive” resort in their packages.

Bizarre…are they already “booked up” during the “busy season” (the fall/winter here in North America) and not yet accepting reservations for next Spring/Summer? Are these services for some reason no longer associating themselves with the all-inclusive resorts?

Please share if you have encountered a similar issue. I’m finding a host of nice $1,000/person hotels for 8 nights/9 days…but excluding food, beverages, and activities, this could easily turn into $1700+ USD…which is more than I had hoped to spend before excursions, taxis, etc are factored in.

Thanks!

Steelmooch, AI resorts are not the “norm” in CR, with a spattering offered throughout the country. People are quite often on the move, so you might consider condo/vacation home rental if you want a home base to work from?

I always “plan” on my own.

I have stayed AI, and pay as you go.

Depends on what you are looking for, and the area that you are looking in.

deputy

when are you trying to book for? i just checked Belair travel for all of CR for Jan 25 ( just picked a date) and came up with 9 options running from $685 to $2500, all are flying into Liberia