Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Extra fees? And suggestions for resort

We are traveling with our 8 year old daughter in Feb. this will be her first trip and we are excited for her to practice her Spanish. She goes to a Spanish immersion school. I was looking at Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe because of the kids pool with slides. But then I read a review that someone mentioned it cost $20 extra. Does anyone else know if that is a one time cost or every time you want to use it?

Also are there any other resorts that you would recommend. She will be the only kid with so if we could find some place that maybe had activities.

Thanks!

It looks to me like there are two waterparks. The first one (Barcy) looks included but the second (Pirates Island) is extra charge on a daily basis.

From the hotel website at http://www.barcelo.com/BarceloHotels/en_GB/hotels/dominican-republic/punta-cana-beach-bavaro/hotel-barcelo-bavaro-palace-deluxe/facilities-services.aspx

There is also the Barcy Water Park where children can enjoy the castles, slides and waterfalls inside the pool.

For all the family to enjoy, the new Pirates Island Water Park!! Swimming pool with waves and slides for the more adventurous ones of the family to enjoy. Feel like a brave pirate, slipping and sliding down the chutes until you land with a splash in the challenging waves at this authentic aquatic adventure beneath the hot Caribbean sun. Subject to an additional charge

Additional advice for Pirates Island:
Duration: The supplement for admission is for use between 09.00 and 18.00.
Additional information:

• To book additional days you need to contact the water park’s customer services department directly. Cost per person per day…
  • Minimum height of children, 1.2 metres.