Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Feb. 7th flight to Santa Clara has been changed!

Greetings, just found out that our flight to Santa Clara on Feb. 7th originally scheduled for 5:30pm has been bumped back to 7:25am. Quite a surprise but hey…means we’ll be on the beach earlier. Also means that our flight home time was changed too!

Thought anyone leaving on the same flight might want to know this juicy piece of info…

[quote=@buznbro]Greetings, just found out that our flight to Santa Clara on Feb. 7th originally scheduled for 5:30pm has been bumped back to 7:25am. Quite a surprise but hey…means we’ll be on the beach earlier. Also means that our flight home time was changed too!

Thought anyone leaving on the same flight might want to know this juicy piece of info…[/quote]

I’m not on that flight, but I’m not certain I understand “bumped back”: is the flight now leaving at 7:25 AM on the 7th or on the 8th?!

Yeah, it was moved back almost 9 hours and still leaving Feb. 7th at 7:25am…

This past Saturday (the 25th), every Skyservice departure that was scheduled after 12 noon was delayed by several hours… not sure what the issue was.
My B.I.L. and his wife were thus delayed by 8.5 hrs returning from Curacao. They were hearbroke that they had to spend all that extra time on the beach! :smiley:

We were returning on the 23rd and our flight (skyservice) was delayed by about 8 hours. Apparently there were torrential rains in Puerto Plata (or somewhere in the Dominican) and skyservice had 5 planes grounded there from Thursday.

Skyservice told us that all the carriers had planes grounded there and were in the same boat. ???

That day, the 4:40 p.m. flight to Cayo Largo left at 2:30 a.m., passengers were kept waiting at the airport as the flight times kept being postponed. This is what a lady who is now at the Barcelo Cayo Largo wrote on the CL web site:

To all waiting in Cayo Largo to return on our plane Friday night - Saturday morning…OYE !!! What a night you must have had. We ALL will be writing to Nolitours and Sky Service to voice complaints. We were told MANY different stories as to why our 01/23/09 16:40 plane moved to 01/23/09 23:30 which moved AGAIN to 01/24/09 02:30 and Sky Service handled it all VERY poorly. At approx 22:00 on 01/23/09 when we were making peace with leaving at 02:30…they AGAIN changed to not fly out until 01/24/09 11:20 AM !!! Well, there was almost a large riot in Toronto as none of us were happy and then mysteriously they switched it back to 01/24/09 02:30. In all, I believe, it was about a 13 hr delay … and for you souls returning too…storms in DR delayed ALL flights in Toronto that day and the next. EVERY Sky Service flight for two days was affected and some had delays to Cancun and Jamaica of 14…17…19 hrs !!! We all cheered at 2AM when we saw our pilots coming to our gate and we lifted off around 3AM…arriving at CL airport around 6AM. CL airport wonderful and very quick, we took cab to Barcelo immediately.

Oh man…I love winter travel…what a drum roll!!! ??? :o ;D :wink: