Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Fiesta 2009

We the directors and now the committee too have always announced where and when the fiesta will be held.

There are allot of great and caring people on this board, so I thought we would ask you about the fiesta. If you have any ideas let us know, know great venue, let us know. You can post here or send a PM to any of the directors.

Thank you all for your support over the last 5-6 years. :smiley:

Let the fun begin. :wink:

I know i would certainly prefer to see ot this time of the year, then I could go, summer is no good for me , and i wonder how many other people find summer a tuff time to get away, could only be me, but who knows

Maybe we could ask a moderator if we could have a poll regarding time of year, and where?

I notice that on Debbie’s Cuba forum there are polls all the time.

Thoughts anyone?

I feel that the major benefit of a summer Fiesta is the weather is more dependable. Most people take some holidays in the summer and can work Fiesta around free time. IMHO

I agree, weather in the summer is probably best for the Fiesta if you want outdoor activities. I am wondering if the Fiesta is alway held in upper Canada or has it ever been held in the maritimes?

Sis:

We are open to suggestions.

Upper Canada sounds vague, where exactly?

I guess the Ottawa/Gatineau 2 years in a row is out? :sunglasses: I know it would work for a few of us. :wink: Hey I had to ask!

so many places… so little time!!

;D ;D

If there was an Atlantic edition of the Fiesta – for one year, maybe? – I’d certainly be on board to help with organization.

Lobster boil anyone? ;D ;D

[quote=@remote]If there was an Atlantic edition of the Fiesta – for one year, maybe? – I’d certainly be on board to help with organization.

Lobster boil anyone? ;D ;D[/quote]

I’d be all for a Maritime/Atlantic (NL always welcome too) edition BUT I think it should be in addition to, not instead of the more central version. Timing will be important, IMHO.

Mi dos pesos.

Gregg

P,S. - We have a very level double wide driveway on a cul de sac in Dartmouth and successfully hosted 40 for our annual neighbourhood BBQ a few years ago.

I don’t see any reason that there has to be ONLY one fiesta. There’s likely enough people out there to have a second fiesta. I’m sure some people from upper Canada would make the trek out that way too.

I agree it should be a secondary fiesta, I also have spoken with Bigred, Gregg and others about and east coast fiesta. What we need is some one to head it up, decide on the venue and time.

This would be done after we have named the central location and date.

I know all the directors will support it, perhaps not in their presence but in principle. :smiley: Anything to raise more money for the kids. Gregg would have to play a major role, but Pat has already volunteered and I am sure other will too. We certainly have enough committee members out east. ;D

OK the ball is out east lets see where it goes from here. :wink:

I too would not be comfortable setting a time or location for an Eastern shindig until the time and location for the main Fiesta was established…

Gregg

Gregg et al I’m in for an Atlantic Fiesta, just let me know what I can do to help and when and where it will be…

EDinNB

PS I agree this would be in addition to not as the annual one…

We could hold it in Rochester, NY. They have unlimited Presidente. :sunglasses:

Tom

We have looked into that, but too many difficulties getting over the boarder with all the prizes and donations. ???

Great idea though :smiley:

I would be more than willing to help plan a secondary fiesta to be held in the maritimes. It would be nice to put some faces with names.

I’m making a list…

No backing out once you offer - LOL.

Gregg

[quote][/quote]I would be more than willing to help plan a secondary fiesta to be held in the maritimes. It would be nice to put some faces with names.

Thanks sis ;D ;D

hey there
it would be great to have the fiesta in nova scotia, i am in the dartmouth/porters lake area and know a few members from the board that would love it… keep us updated