Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

First Sailfish

Well definitely KUDOS to MikeFisher for a very fun and rewarding fishing trip this morning… Pauline got a very nice Birthday present today…she was with me and watched me catch my first sailfish!

Next time will remember to keep mouth shut when swinging the fish upright to take the pic… I have no idea how ppl eat sushi… baloo bait tastes terrible! YUK

Waiting for other pics that Mike took of me with the fish…cant wait.

Again, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Mike… excellent adventure!!!

WOW, how much did it weigh? Was it hard bringing her in?

Very cool:)

Pretty good for you. ;D

Or maybe bet you took that out of Mike’s collection of photos.

The fix is on. :slight_smile:

That is cool…

Nice catch.

Congrats OBH
Great looking fish. And great advertising for Mike.
No doubt I’ll contact Mike when down in the fall.

A fine looking specimen for C&R

good job fisherman, and you did not use a bow, wait till you see the pictures of the calico deer I sent you.

[quote=@hlywud]A fine looking specimen for C&R

good job fisherman, and you did not use a bow, wait till you see the pictures of the calico deer I sent you.[/quote]

I saw them…definitely interesting… Tried to send you back a reply…but prob with outgoing emails for some reason…can receive fine…just cant send unless I go to my gmail or stupid hotmail account…

[quote=@d3ratch]That is cool…

Nice catch.[/quote]

Where are my manners…lost in the excitement I guess…

This experience was due to Mike’s generous donation of his time, staff, and boat to

The Beyond The Beach Children’s Foundation Auction

Thank you Mike for this donation to help the kids! I know next year this will be an item I will definitely be bidding on again!!!

excellent catch…wish I was you!!..make sure you buy Mike a beer for me!

Don’t worry, we had a GRANDE Presidente afterwards…then gave him the loot for the kids… hope he didnt strain his back…lol

Meeting with him again tomorrow or Wednesday or both…will definitely have another one or two…

Ahhhh, Wilf, I’m so jealous, next round is on me :sunglasses:

no Wilf,
you are wrong,
because the big donation been not bought by me.
the big donation been bought by You and Pauline and in a double way.
first of all you guys had the higgest bid at the auction on the fishing trip so you donated to the kiddies with that.
and second you brought FOUR LARGE bags of goodies for the kids, worth more than a thousand words or a fishing charter.
and NO, my back did not hurt that much,
i drove the car with the heavy bags to the parking lot and while parking in i called the Mrs to do her job, she still says that back hurts, i don’t feel it, ha ha.
hey, after 14 years i have the bit of a right to be a local macho, sometimes.
WUD,
we did not waste too much time before the first cold ones,
that been done days before the fishing and of course afterwards again, like a revival tour, ha ha.
Wilf and Pauline,
again, thank you very much for your much over average support of our children.
will see you guys tomorrow morning down at the Club,
tomorrow is our big holiday, so no school,
sure i will bring the Mrs with the now bad back and Luis Mario with me.
Mike

Mr Machismo Mike…make pooooooor Anita carry all those bags…shame on you!!!

We will have sore ears to go with her bad back…it was Karaoke night here, and the dogs are howling all the way back to Canada…

See you in the morning at 9…Pauline and I look forward to seeing the wife and son…forgot a few things in a bag in the room that were suppose to go along too

Will remember to bring an icepack for the poor lady! You are soooooooo mean to her… tsk tsk tsk

i am not mean,
i am just the REAL boss,
ha ha
hey, we meet at 8AM, not at 9AM,
'cause on 9:15 and 9:40 i have to meet people at 2 resorts in bavaro who also bring donations.
and now i will post those first fotos of the
Ontario B(ow)illfish Hunter in the caribbean.
just give me a minute
Mike

hard job done to get the 59lbs’er on board

OMG!!!
Wilf, whatcha doin??

just testing my new steel guitar Pauline

that’s the stuff for the BBQ

let’s dance…

the rest will go to your e-mail account of course.

Mike

WUD,
it was really a hard job to explain him that his Ontario Bow license is not a valid ‘gun’ license down here, ha ha
Mike

Tim,
i had that round(even double, lol),
that lil sweet waitress is still asking when you pass by to pay that bill, ha ha
Mike

[quote=@mikefisher]WUD,
it was really a hard job to explain him that his Ontario Bow license is not a valid ‘gun’ license down here, ha ha
Mike[/quote]

Actually Mike, we bowfish with just a different arrow and arrowrest… still use the same bow I use to hunt deer with back home…

[quote=@mikefisher]i am not mean,
i am just the REAL boss,
ha ha
hey, we meet at 8AM, not at 9AM,
'cause on 9:15 and 9:40 i have to meet people at 2 resorts in bavaro who also bring donations.
and now i will post those first fotos of the
Ontario B(ow)illfish Hunter in the caribbean.
just give me a minute
Mike[/quote]

No problem…if I ever get Pauline to stop laughing after seeing her picture… we will be there at 8…