Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

First time for us

Well not long now until we leave this little cold island (UK) and set off for our very first trip to DR and our very first All Inclusive, not counting cruises. Hope it is as good as you folks say it is.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Congrats on your first of many many trips becuse like the rest of us you will be hooked on the DR. Hope you have a great time. Make sure to send in your review to Debbie upon your return.

[quote=@ilovemyholidays]Well not long now until we leave this little cold island (UK) and set off for our very first trip to DR and our very first All Inclusive, not counting cruises. Hope it is as good as you folks say it is.
:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :)[/quote]

Well it might be cold there but not like here -34C with windchill
and the DR is better than any cruise I have taken and there have been many of them.
there is no bar bill at the end… ;D, that is a plus

Enjoy.

Hey Wud, at least your -34 includes the wind! It’s -38 here BEFORE the wind. Oh, and there’s wind. Much, much wind. As I drive home every day from work, I tell myself that the snow is white sand and the light posts are palm trees. The other cars on the road are fellow beach lovers, and the cars I keep passing in the ditch are the guys who’ve had too many cervesas and are having little siestas. I may be delusional, but it gets me through! 14 more sleeps! 14 more sleeps!

Oh my God that’s the funniest story!! ~ how positive ~ delusional or not!! ~ ;D ~ I loved it!! ~

P&C ~

-52 with the windchill in the good ol’ South West of Manitoba., and no DR trip in sight until 2010. Sob…

Hey ilovemyholidays, where in the DR are you going?

We’re staying at Dreams Punta Cana and have been recommended it by a friend who stayed there in October 2008, they couldn’t fault it.

4 more sleeps.

By the way Bare, your avatar is making me dizzy.

[quote=@ilovemyholidays]We’re staying at Dreams Punta Cana and have been recommended it by a friend who stayed there in October 2008, they couldn’t fault it.

4 more sleeps.[/quote]
It will be the four longest nights you have ever will have ;D Have a wonderful trip and let us know what you think of Dreams please

I have heard that it is a bit rocky at the Dreams beach, best swimming off to your left… if you walk 1/2 hour thataway (as opposed to thisaway) you will eventually get to another resort (Sirenis).

NOTE : thataway = left, thisaway = right.

Well we were there from the 9th until yesterday…rocky no matter where you went…couldnt go in without watershoes… also so rough…we were knee deep and waves were hitting us in the chest… spent 5 mins tops in the ocean, rest of the 5 days at poolside…water was so rough and choppy…

To be honest, didnt matter if you went left or right…was pretty much the same… rocks and seaweed was pretty intense…

We are now at Dreams The Beach and its like night and day…sure there is a little seaweed, its the ocean afterall, but at least you can go in the water here…you couldnt at Dreams Punta Cana