Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

First time in DR

It will be my first visit in DR so i need to know a lot of information about DR.Just posting this thread to know which one should be the starting place.i will go there for three week (it can be changed) on this limited i want to visit most beautiful places of DR so kindly suggest some information on this topic.I know i will find this information if i search whole the forum but it is really tough and stressful task that’s why create this thread to get info quickly  :).It will also help for the new member and visitor so kindly make your reply here.

Thanks,
James :slight_smile:

It would help to let us know what part of the D.R. you are thinking of visiting. Then we can give you suggestions.

Thanks for your reply actually so far i have not decided from which part i will start.It actually depends on your best suggestion.As you know it’s my first travel so i am not sure about all the part of DR.What do you think from which part i should start?Kindly suggest me your best suggestion,i know you guys are expert so your knowledge and experience is always acceptable.:slight_smile:

Thanks,
James

Some depends on what you want to do. If you want to relax at a beautiful resort, beautiful beaches and just basically hang out. Then Punta Canna is what you want.

If you want to explore the country and culture, have some good hotels and very nice beaches (but tan sand not white), then you want to lookbk at the north coast area (Puerto Plata/Sosua/Cabaete/Samana)

bobk

Thanks bobk for your nice suggestion actually i liked your second suggestion.I would love to explore the country first time. :slight_smile:

James

If you want to explore the true Dominican, then, go to the north coast.

If you are nervous about the trip… go to an all-inclusive and take guided tours or taxi with a driver who speaks your language (English does not seem to be your first language). Again, the guided tour operators and things to see depends on where you are staying… Playa Dorada (which is in POP); Sousa; Cabarete or Samana.

Please be aware also that although it calls Bahia Principi Rio San Jaun Puerto Plata - it is NOT… that resort is about 1-1/2 hours from Puerto Plata.

dot makes a good point on Rio San Juan. I would concentrate your efforts looking at the Puerto Plata/Sosua/Cabarete area

bobk

Thanks you to Bobk and Dot for yours nice suggestion. :slight_smile:

[quote=@bobk]dot makes a good point on Rio San Juan. I would concentrate your efforts looking at the Puerto Plata/Sosua/Cabarete area

bobk[/quote]Hi bobk, are these areas kids friendly? I mean are there resorts with playgrounds/waterslides or any amenities that could be enjoyed by the kids. Thanks.  :slight_smile:

Yes look at resorts in the Playa Dorada and Costa dorado complexes. Lots of AI resorts with nice beaches and lots of activities for kids.

bobk

[quote=@bobk]Yes look at resorts in the Playa Dorada and Costa dorado complexes. Lots of AI resorts with nice beaches and lots of activities for kids.

bobk[/quote]Thank you so much bobk. Will definitely check them. Appreciate your time to answer my queries.

Have a great weekend.

You are welcome and enjoy your weekend as well

bobk