Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

First time in Punta Cana, first time without the kids!

After 10 or so trips to Cuba in the last 5-6 years we felt it was time for a change and we are going to Punta Cana for the first time.

We are going to the Excellence El Carmen for our anniversary / honeymoon that never happened (5 years late!).

Any hints? Anything I would not usually pack for Cuba I will definitely miss if I forget? Or anything I should absolutely not bring?

Is the vip at the airport worth it? It is much more expensive than in Cuba (35$ vs 125$) to get fast tracked and I am really not sure I want to spend that much just to wait in a little more comfortable place.

Any recommendation on a private transfer? Again not sure if it is worth it since I would not mind the bus ride for our first time. I’ve heard about Punta Cana Mike and DAT but no first hand experiences.

We do not plan on taking any excursions since our main goal is to relax without the kids and get some much needed rest, but if we feel like going out, what should we go see?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Sounds like you’re in for a good time… enjoy to the max!!! Mike is a friend of mine too… for sure use his services, however, if you don’t mind the transfer then go that route, either way you can’t go wrong. Personally for $125 per person for VIP I’d save that money for an excursion or other “treats” at the resort like pampering yourselves :slight_smile:

Mike is also a personal friend of mine, he is an expat Canadian

He live there with his Dominican wife and two children.

this is his website https://www.puntacanamike.com/

1 Like