Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

First time to mexico

HI Everyone, Planning my first trip to Mexico. I know what I take for the local’s when I go to Cuba, I gather the same sort of items for give aways in Mexico or are there items that anyone can suggest.

Thanks

Hi Lucky;

This is only my personal opinion, but I wouldn’t bother bringing gifts for the locals in Mexico as they can pretty much buy everything they need right there - giving cash (pesos) is best.

Hope you enjoy Mexico! :slight_smile:

[quote=@ratherbeonabeach]Hi Lucky;

This is only my personal opinion, but I wouldn’t bother bringing gifts for the locals in Mexico as they can pretty much buy everything they need right there - giving cash (pesos) is best.

Hope you enjoy Mexico! :slight_smile:

[/quote]

I share your opinion ratherbeonabeach…peso tips are very much appreciated :slight_smile:

I agree too, pesos or USD is the best, but do not tip with CDN money.

ummmm, do we still have Canadian currency ::)…gee I wonder what it’s worth on the open market ???
As mentioned, best to tip with peso’s or the USD.

Jake, eh

Hi Lucky,

Tipping is good but many of the young staff that have children will appriciate school supplies. They are very expensive in mexico and will not necery be the priority for a family. I have a raving success every year with scholl supplies and the employees of the hotel know very well that if I get a good service before the end of my stay they will walk home with a little something of every kids they have.

I also bring first necesity items. For the past 2 year we got into Cozumel with out all of our suitcases and would you belive that the stuff they get in mexico is what Americans and Canadadien reject. Your must know the mack 5 rasor from gilet…it’s made in mexico right! my husband bought one until we get our bags. He used it once4 and the full thing fell into pieces at the bottom of the bath tub…so he went back to the store with it and they exchanged it but the same things happen second time but just the blad fell aparte.

We also both golf socks when I put it on my feet went right true the end of it :o)

This is why I bring stuff from Canada and they are very please with it. They know the difference and they will appreciate everything you give them.

Have fun in the sun :sunglasses:

Lyne
Gatineau, Canada