Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

First trip to DR, resort info?

Hi everyone,

This will be our first trip to the Dominican Republic, and we are trying decide between Dreams La Ramona and Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus. I am an avid diver, and my wife likes to sit and read with a drink in her hand. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

We have to fly into Punta Cana and wondered if there is a private airport transfer we can take to the resort?

reliable private transfers IBK Servicios http://www.rdshuttle.com/en/contact_us.html

Dreams has GriGri divers onsite, Iberostar has Dressel Divers onsite. Both are great dive companies but if you are after a more personal experience I recommend using DivingDominicanRepublic http://divingdominicanrepublic.com/ they cater to smaller groups so can tailor the dive to your personal needs plus you won’t have to share the dive with 20 others :smiley:

Beach wise, Dreams has great snorkeling right off the beach and you can walk into the fishing village of Bayahibe from there (5 minutes walk along the beach). Lot’s of nice little bars and restaurants around the 2 picturesque bays. Perfectly safe just keep your street smarts about you.

Iberostar is a 5 minute/US$10 cab ride from Bayahibe, in Dominicus - a small resort town, shops, banks, a few restaurants but with nothing on the beach. The beach is longer at Dominicus but the water can be a little wavey (it’s flat calm at Dreams 95% of the year). Iberostar does have a nice beach bar right on the beach around a faux lighthouse.

I like the fact that you don’t have to reserve the a la cartes at Dreams and you don’t have to wear a plastic bracelet either. Plus there are things to do and see off resort at Dreams so you don’t feel trapped.

Have fun where ever you end up!

I was trying to decide between these two also. My wife and I love to snorkel so we chose Dreams because I heard that plenty of dive companies actually take people to the reef off of Dreams for snorkeling. Supposedly, there is decent snorkeling right off the beach and around the pier.

A short walk into Bayahibe for a half day is a bonus!

Thanks jadiff for your thread.Actually I am planning to visit DR so by this thread got some info. :slight_smile:

James…zzzzzzz

bobk