Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

FISHING Puerto Plata

Can anyone recomend me a good fishing charter? We are staying at the iberostar feb2 -9. There are two of us (my gf and I). I got a reply from Gone Fishing Charter - they offer 1/2 day for $100 for each fisherman - every fisherman gets a rod (6 per boat). I heard some bad things about these guys though from what i read on tripadvisor… Seems kindof unlikely to get something with 6 people in 4 hours??

Can anyone recomend something that will be a good time and not a rip off? I dont mind paying up to $150 per person if we catch something and it is a good time.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Please email me as we leave soon!

alex.pasyukov@cma.ca

Just returned Saturday and used Gone Fishing. I thought they did a great job versus the 2nd charter with another company we took later in the week. Fishing was slow and seas were rough but they did the best they could to put us on fish. Guide was good, worked the lines constantly, had lots of cold drinks and sandwiches, one rod per angler for 4 anglers and felt we got good value for the money. 2nd charter took 9 people, would only put out 7 lines and each person was only given one hour each in the chair. Of the 2 I would certainly use Gone Fishing again even though we personnally didn’t land anything.

thanks stevencindy,

That sounds pretty good - I guess I will go with them… Perhaps you had a different boat, but the person from gone fishing said there were 6 people and lines per boat.

Has anyone gone with aqua adventure, pelican explorer, Captain Don, or Aligatour?

Many thanks once again

frankal, the day we went there were 8 people total in the afternoon so they took both their boats out with 4 people on each. They are set up though for 6 lines each. I dealt with Mike Evans from Gone Fishing - is this the same person.

I have not heard of the other companies you mentioned though, sorry can’t help there.