Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Five Day Trips To Cuba

Has anyone else noticed the increase of these type of vacations out of Toronto or Montreal?

If you’re booking, be extra careful you don’t book a 5 day by mistake when you think you’re getting a 7 day.

Good tip. I’ve noticed the increase in these when looking at packages on Redtag or Selloffvacations. There have been a number of times I’ve gone through the motions of pricing out a package only to find in the end it’s just for 5 days. It is clearly stated 5 days at the beginning but I am just so used to checking off the “7 days” box I don’t notice when it’s just for 5 days. I’ve had to make a mental note to myself to pay attention to this when I book for real next time.

I have noticed this as well, even out of Halifax and Moncton.

Have to be careful as on first glance it looks like a good deal, but really compared to what you pay for 7 or 10 days its not usually really that good.

However, it is nice to have options, espically for those who may not have alot of vacations days. A 7 day vacation normally ends up taking 8 or 9 days with travel times(overite hotel etc) so more than a actual weeks vacation. Whereas the 5 day trip, even with a extra day or two for travel, still doesnt take more than a full week!

On the reverse side - watch for departure times from both ends. Conceivably it could cut your vacation time by a bit. The bottom line is…know and understand what you’re looking at !!

As a side note to this and an example, a 5 day trip out of Halifax to a certain resort is $909 + tax and the 7 day to the same resort, same room, operator, airline, etc, is $80 more PP with same taxes.

While I understand some may prefer a 5 day vacation for reasons outlined above, I’d pay the extra for 2 more days.

[quote=@2oldgrapes]On the reverse side - watch for departure times from both ends. Conceivably it could cut your vacation time by a bit. The bottom line is…know and understand what you’re looking at !![/quote]So true.  On our upcoming trip we depart Vancouver at 8am and expect to check into the resort around 9 pm so we won’t see the beach until the 2nd day.  With the small selections of flights, out of the west, those short vacations just wouldn’t be worth it, IMO and I’d be surprised if they are even offered.

I bookmark TripCentral.ca after I have set my preferences for location, length of stay, $ range, direct flights, * ratings, etc. That way, it only shows me what I want with one quick glance. Eliminates problems with hidden taxes & BS, 5 day trips, etc.

You can book anywhere as the prices will be matched by any good T/A but this site is awesome for checking prices 3 or 4 times a day.
This is my bookmark link in case anyone wants to use it and modify to their own liking - copy and paste the whole thing:

http://www.tripcentral.ca/vacation-grid/?0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0#0,57,0,0,2,1,2,0,0,11101,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,100,1000,0,0,1,11,0?a24=100&a25=1000&a22=0&a23=1

Worth noting that I will also change grid for 3 star to see how they compare and I also look at Mexico and a few others as well.

DougA