Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

For those from Canada who go to Cayo Santa Maria

I know it’s rude to ask and I do apologize but:
How much roughly does it cost you for 2 weeks in August, we love the Melia Las Dunas but any resort on that island would be good.

Thomas Cook UK have pulled out of flights heading to Santa Clara and we’re looking into our options of maybe flying to Toronto or any other city in Canada, we’re wondering how much extra it would cost us.

Any info would be great :slight_smile:

You can just browse some of the Canadian travel booking sites. Start with this one: www.tripcentral.ca
That should give you a general idea.

Thank you that’s what I needed to know :slight_smile: I don’t know how you’d book and didn’t know any companies other than sun wing. In the UK it’s all package holidays so I think it’s slightly different.

misrv86
To get an idea of pricing between UK and Canada, check out Air Canada and Air Transat:
http://www.aircanada.com/en/home.html

August is peak travel time between Canada and the UK so prices aren’t cheap! For cheapest flights, that I could see, you’d be looking at around 1900 pounds Sterling or $3000 Cdn.
You can pick up some great deals from Toronto to Cuba, in the summer, which might offset your flying to Canada to get to Cuba. I think your best bet is to visit a travel agent and let them figure out the logistics for you. They are the experts and will have access to travel opportunities and savings that you may not see on line. If you use Air Canada or Air Transat, your TA might be able to link your cross Atlantic flights to their vacation packages. Good luck with your queries and it would be great to hear how things work out - positive or negative.

I’ll offer to trade you.

It’s so cheap to fly from UK to Italy/Greece and so cheap to fly from Toronto to Cuba. Getting across the pond is what costs so much.

I’d take Italy, Greek Islands, Canary Is., to Cuba any day. Grass is always greener, the water is always bluer. :sunglasses:

Thank you so much for the replies, you’re all very helpful. It’s something we’ll be looking into. Another alternative is for us to fly to Paris then from Paris to Havana and a domestic to Las Brujas. It’s just such a shame that I can’t travel outside of late July/early August due to work.

For us, Europe does not compare to Cuba at all and we’re devastated that Thomas Cook UK have pulled out of our favorite destination in Cuba. Like you say though, the grass is always greener.

All of these (below) are ones I look at and while the pricing is often the same some will favour/promote one charter over another.

And remember you can also fly out of Halifax, Ottawa and Montreal to Cuba not just Toronto… (and other points further west)

www.selloffvacations.com/

www.tripcentral.ca/

www.itravel2000.com/

www.exitnow.ca/

www.redtag.ca/

Looks like we’ll be going from London-Havana and then transfer to Santa Clara :slight_smile:

Thanks so much everyone for the advice, roll on the next 20 days :smiley:

Glad to hear you got your travel plans resolved. Have a great vacation :slight_smile: Thanks for giving us an update.

Thanks again :slight_smile: just 15 days 'til our return to paradise :slight_smile: