Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Forum Upgrade

I noticed the following today. I have no idea what the improvements are …

Important Notice
Between April 29th and May 29th this forum will be upgraded, bringing new features and functionality. You will need to login to your account again after the upgrade. Your account username is <>. If you are unsure of your account password, visit Profile > Modify Profile to update your account password. Thank you!

As you can see, the forum has been upgraded from ProBoards V4 to Proboards V5. It looks a bit different and it looks like most of the existing features in place work, but a few didn’t make the transition (most recent 40 posts for example). It looks like editor has a little work to do since none of the moderators have ever been allowed access to the forum internals …

edit: it used to show the date and time at top of forum. It doesn’t now. I used that feature a lot, just to ensure I had latest posts.

It is a mess , in my opinion, why would they do something like this??

I agree. I don’t see any new features and functionality, just a bunch of stuff that no longer works …

I might be showing my age, but I do not like it at all.

Well, it will take us a while to get used to this new format that is for sure !

What a pain in the %^$#&

WOW!!! Only $6.00 a month to remove ads from the site. Tempted to remove me from the site…[/font]

[quote=@byerbill]What a pain in the %^$#&

WOW!!! Only $6.00 a month to remove ads from the site. Tempted to remove me from the site…[/quote]
I’ve been using Ad Blocker Plus for years now and it works great and is free. It works on Firefox, Chrome and Opera but not on IE.
Then again, why anyone would use IE is beyond me … 
The new ‘improved’ version apparently knows. I now get a nag screen in the ad window that says
                     Please consider supporting this website by disabling your ad-blocker.
             This website does not use audio ads, popups, or other annoyances. Thank you!

WOW!!! Only $6.00 a month to remove ads from the site. Tempted to remove me from the site…[/font][/quote]

lots of people already gone :frowning:

another new format to get used to… too much wasted space here

I agree, a pain in the azz to login and activate

WOW!!! Only $6.00 a month to remove ads from the site. Tempted to remove me from the site…[/quote][/font][/quote]
BTW, I looked that up.
If you’re generous enough to donate $6/month, that will save us ALL from the ads, at least for the first 50,000 page views.

[quote=@bobfromcanada][quote=@byerbill]What a pain in the %^$#&

WOW!!! Only $6.00 a month to remove ads from the site. Tempted to remove me from the site…[/quote][/quote][/font][/quote]
BTW, I looked that up.
If you’re generous enough to donate $6/month, that will save us ALL from the ads, at least for the first 50,000 page views.
[/quote]

I think the $6.00 would be much better spent as a donation to the “Beyond the Beach Foundation.”

BTW, I looked that up.
[/quote]

I think the $6.00 would be much better spent as a donation to the “Beyond the Beach Foundation.”[/quote]

YES, for sure.

Hate the new “improved” format… not a good change…

BTW I LOVE byerbill’s suggestion…

If it is not broke why fix it. Hate the new format

bobk

Oh and I love my new picture!

bobk

Since this “new and improved” format (actually new and worse) has been instituted it seems as if I am the only one with access. Where has every one gone???

bobk

[quote=@bobk]Since this “new and improved” format (actually new and worse) has been instituted it seems as if I am the only one with access. Where has every one gone???

bobk[/quote]

I for one am still enviously reading your forcasts…

[quote]
I for one am still enviously reading your forcasts…[/quote]
Me too.
The first page needs aesthetic engineering badly. It’s really hard to see which forum has new posts. It’s far easier to just click on ‘newest posts’. You don’t even have to log in to do that. All you have to be is a guest. And it seems we have more guests these days and less members logging in. This morning I saw 608 guests and 5 members in last 24 hours.

Good to know. Have a great day.

bobk