Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Front row seats at a concert

So, if you had a chance to see anybody, any group, dead or alive and had front row seats centre stage who would it be?
Me? Hard choice between the Fab Four or Pink Floyd. Have already had good seats for Floyd so probably the Beatles 1970 era.

“the Beatles 1970 era” were they not dead as a group in 1970?

I love my guitar heros. Gotta go with Hendrix or Stevie Ray Vaughan

I’m not certain of the dates radar. I’m thinking “Let it Be” and “Abbey Road”. Just did a Wikipedia seach of the two. Abbey Road was released October 69 and Let it Be was relased May 70. They had certainly ceased to exist as a group by the release of Let it Be.

ooooh Stevie Ray Vaughn, that would be a good one!

The Beatles goes without saying…

My guilty pleasure would be : Steely Dan, circa ANYTHING!

I am lucky enough to have tickets to see the 50th anniversary concert of The Rolling Stones next month in London…can’t wait.

The tickets are a ridiculous $660 a shot (rip-off London)…but all 40,000 sold out in a record time of 20 minutes.

[quote=@wossa1]I am lucky enough to have tickets to see the 50th anniversary concert of The Rolling Stones next month in London…can’t wait.

The tickets are a ridiculous $660 a shot (rip-off London)…but all 40,000 sold out in a record time of 20 minutes.

[/quote]

That is awesome Wossa (lucky you!) … But what if someone calls you to go stay on alive aboard in the Maldives the last week of November … I would be happy to take them off your hands ;D ;D

Ald1…I am on a liveaboard from the 16th November for 10 days, diving in the deep south of the Red Sea…I just get back in time for The Stones. ;D
(I will post pics of the dive trip under the dive section when I get back…hope your still diving).

[quote=@wossa1]Ald1…I am on a liveaboard from the 16th November for 10 days, diving in the deep south of the Red Sea…I just get back in time for The Stones. ;D
(I will post pics of the dive trip under the dive section when I get back…hope your still diving).[/quote]

Right on! Sucks to be you eh! LOL! :wink:

Yup still diving and learning my underwater photography. Still trying to understand Photobucket and how to make the colours come out of my pictures… not spending much time at it. but once i take time I’mm sure I will figure it out!

heading down to Playa Pesquero Cuba for a holiday end of November. I hope to dive a bunch of times. Not sure if the dive shop was hit by Sandy. I sent a message but still no answer. Zendudette posted a message from a friend of hers on the status of that area. they got hit pretty bad.
our other favourite diving spot (CLub Buccanero has been completely destroyed. :’( :’(

Enjoy your dives and the concert and can’t wait to see pictures of both upon your return. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

An early Beatles or Stones concert. In the Kellar in Germany, maybe?
Like all history, there’d be too much tobacco smoke, bad teeth, bad hair and bad air. :-X

How about a much newer act?
Diana Krall :wink: would be one of my favourites. K D Lang, Leonard Cohen and Leslie Feist’s first on-stage?

Randy Bachman, Burton Cummings and Holly Cole.
Jeff Healy and Bryan Adams come to mind and Shania Twain and the Tragically Hip would round out the evening. :slight_smile:

Then there’s the whole world of Tribute Bands. I’d rather hear a Tribute Beatles band than an aged McCartney struggling with the high parts. :wink:
I’d still see Sir Paul in person, :sunglasses: to support him and keep up the hype but he’s an old guy like me and doesn’t sing much better ???IMOHO.

Spunky, YOU DA MAN! Amen to all of your suggestions!

I saw an acoustic performance of kd awhile back on tv, would have loved to have been there.

Might I throw in some Genesis? Some Queen? Some INXS?

Howzabout Miss Ella or Sarah Vaughan, accompanied by our dear Oscar Peterson… (shootin’ for the moon here) ;D

Ok, why not MOTOWN, yo! LUV LUV LUV that era!

Spunky, we saw Sir Paul two years ago at the ACC in Toronto. He nailed everything perfectly. Three hour show. The energy the man had was unbelievable. He stayed on stage and did some of the piano solos when his band went off stage for a break. I have been to a lot of concerts over the years. This show certainly topped everything I have ever seen. After having said this I was disapointed in his performance at the opening of the Olympics this year.
Speaking of tribute bands, we are going to see Classic Albums Live do “Wish You Were Here” next week.

D’accord! Zen is my QC Babe.

zuley, like sell-offs, COTU has advantages. McCartney reviews are from his live in Washington gig.

Back atcha, Spunky!

Zuley, we also saw Sir Paul during an intimate concert (yeah, right: we were 275,000 during the concert he gave during our city’s 400th celebrations 2 yrs ago). Un-real. Such energy, the love just oozes out of him, eh? When he did “Live and Let Die” with the pyro effects, everybody screamed! And he even spoke in French several times during the event, how sweet. He also played (for Linda), The Long and Winding Road, alone at the keyboard, very touching. And when it was all over, we all looked like love zombies, walking peacefully back to our cars and buses, smiles from ear to ear, singing bits of what we had heard that night. It was magical…
And what impressed me the most was that at least 1/3 of the audience was under 30… and yet EVERYONE knew the words lol

zendudette,
I’m sure the same tour. And yes, I too jumped during the pyro show during Live and Let Die. I’ve been to a lot of shows over the years and he was certainly number one on the bucket list. No idea who his drummer was or is but the guy was fantastic. As well he made a loving tribute to Linda at one point during the show and referred to her as the love of his life.

Great Big Sea.

It is a possibility with them coming to the John Labatt Centre in April next year. These guys have fun. If you’ve ever partied with Newfies, you understand.

As a matter of fact, I have :smiley:

I’ve partied with someone from Fredericton. Is that close enough?
:slight_smile:

In the East, we’re all part Newfoundlanders. Joey should be a Saint. Danny Millions should be Pope. How many bars on that one street in St. Johns?
Lobster Tail and Beer, my 3 favourite t’ings!!

Ya got that right, Spunky. Take a kitchen, a bunch of people with guitars and some liquor and BAM, you’re a Maritimer ;D

Great Big Sea or The Travelling Wilburys in my kitchen… hmmm