Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

GBP El Portillo activities

Hello all,

Has this forum ever been useful in planning our trip to the DR.

We will be at El Portillo on Feb 4th for a week. There are mixed reviews but I`m hoping that by Feb, a lot of the initial problems will have been resolved.

I have a few questions for those who have been there or for those who have vacationned in Samana.

Does the resort offer Snorkel and fins for those who wish to explore the reefs in the area? Is there a cost to this? Shoud I bring my own snorkel and fins?

Does the resort offer boogie boards, or wind surfing or something of the sort?

I saw someone post about 4 excursions that were offered from this resort.

El Limon waterfalls
Jeep safari
Speedboat trip to National park
Catameran excursion.

Does anyone have any reviews, information, costs about any of these activities?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Looking forward to some time in the sun!!!

Ren
Timmins, ON, CANADA

Hi- I just returned yesterday and yes Snorkel and fins for those who wish to explore the reefs in the area are free of charge and you can snorkel in front of the beach really nice. Also wind surfing
is free of charge, no boogies boards. Banana boat $10.00 per person.They also do have excursions but we didn’t take any. Beautiful trip really enjoyed it no complaints…Have fun

Thanks nzee.

Hopefully someone can give me more info on the excursions/

Ren

nzee, any chance we could get you to post a review of your trip? Let us know all about what was ready and what wasn’t…we are booked to go on Feb 25th, and are really hoping its finished, but every day it seems we hear some rumor that something isn’t finished, or that something is missing (i.e. jacuzzi, beds)…the main concern being the beds, I’d like to know for certain that I won’t be sleeping on a military cot while I’m on vacation!