Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Gettin' wholloped again!

Batten down the hatches! NS & NB & PEI are gettin’ wholloped again, 30+ cm of the white stuff… :stuck_out_tongue: Stating tonight around midnight through Sat. around noon??? Lots of blowing snow expected…I hate it!
Just finished stacking extra wood for the stove. Made a quick trip to the grocery store (everyone was buzzin’ about the storm comin’)
Nothing to do now…except one of my favorite things…browse the forums and check out prices on the travel sites…

[quote=@tanlines] Batten down the hatches! NS & NB & PEI are gettin’ wholloped again, 30+ cm of the white stuff… :stuck_out_tongue: Stating tonight around midnight through Sat. around noon??? Lots of blowing snow expected…I hate it!
Just finished stacking extra wood for the stove. Made a quick trip to the grocery store (everyone was buzzin’ about the storm comin’)
Nothing to do now…except one of my favorite things…browse the forums and check out prices on the travel sites…

[/quote]

Hmmm sounds like Eastcoaster Canadian Bikini weather to me :slight_smile:

Bow

It’s not exactly bikini weather here in Ontario.
Are you getting the snow squalls in Stratford??

[quote=@garym]Bow

It’s not exactly bikini weather here in Ontario.
Are you getting the snow squalls in Stratford??[/quote]

Up to today, we were very lucky…either passed south of us… Grand Bend to London, or just north of us Listowel to Mt Forest area.

Suppose to be getting a dandy overnight…say it could be up to a foot or more…

Oh well, nothing you can do about it…just settle in for the weekend and ride it out :slight_smile:

Going to be crackin’ open my last greenie tomorrow, and also going to be crackin’ open a bottle of viejo we got back in 2000, should be fine drinking now :slight_smile: Am sure it will keep me warm LOL

Sarnia, Grand Bend and Goderich got a real load, police had to use snowmobiles to get to a 402 accident, due to snow and visibility.

Not much here…yet

[quote=@ontariobowhunter][quote=@tanlines] Batten down the hatches! NS & NB & PEI are gettin’ wholloped again, 30+ cm of the white stuff… :stuck_out_tongue: Stating tonight around midnight through Sat. around noon??? Lots of blowing snow expected…I hate it!

[/quote]

Hmmm sounds like Eastcoaster Canadian Bikini weather to me :)[/quote]

Yep! It sure is…I’m sittin’ here in my red bikini, trimmed with white fur…my crocs and my bubba… :o
OMG! Bubba needs a refill… ;D

OMG :o It’s a freaking mess outside! Winds are gusting to 60 and it looks like a good day to look at the travel pics and dream it’s February and I’m already there LOL :smiley:

living in Barrie all I can say is “keep the snow and don’t share with me”…And always make sure you have a good supply of alcohol before you get snowed in.

When I woke up this morning the snow on my doorstep was almost up to my waist! It really sucks to have the first snowfall of the year to be such a big one!I dont remeber ever getting this much the first time. Snow sucks!!!! I cant wait till April!!!

Sorry - Sarnia did NOT get a flake of snow! It stopped about 15KM or more outside the city. Went shopping this morning and didn’t need my boots - wearing loafers…

No snow here… everyone else can keep it please…

The Meteorological Prognosticators at Environment Canada said we were to get 2 cm last night and 2 more cm today… last time i looked it was closer to 30 cm… those lyin’ @#$^#$^&$$!

EDinNB

[quote=@southernnber]The Meteorological Prognosticators at Environment Canada said we were to get 2 cm last night and 2 more cm today… last time i looked it was closer to 30 cm… those lyin’ @#$^#$^&$$!

EDinNB[/quote]

Last time I checked, we were suppose to get increasing periods of brightness followed by darkness… Guess even they can’t screw that one up :slight_smile:

Not a flake to be seen in Edmonton!

Hope it lasts for another 5 months!

Just enough to cover the ground here in Fredericton, NB. Actually we can still see the lawns …Sussex, Moncton, and N.S. got the brunt of the storm.

Yea carribeangirl…I’m in Sussex, I can tell ya 'tis true :frowning:

EDinNB

Our backyard yesterday afternoon:

Had +3 today and bright sun so, some of what was there is gone… We do live in the banana belt of Ontario ya know…

I think we got the promised 15-20 cm. If you have Facebook you see my pics of the last two dumps of snow. Did I mention that I do not like snow! Well, I do like it in the woods and on the trails, but not in my driveway or the roads and highways.

Just reading threw this old thread and had to laugh…Here in N.J. everything comes to a grinding hault with 4 inches of snow…schools close,accidents everwhere. I don’t know if this Jersey girl could cut it in Canada. Sure is pretty or maybe it is just pretty when it happens every once in a while. I do think you all would get a good laugh at the pure mahem that goes on with a little snow.

I think us Northern Canadians are used to it…we are in the middle of an Alberta Clipper here in Ottawa. Freezing rain, snow…cold, windy…crappy… winter is here folks!!!

Nothing here…just really dull outside