Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Getting Married in the Heat

Hi I am going to the Royal Suites which is part of the Palladium Hotels in October where we will be renewing our wedding vows and i am looking for any advice and tips on coping with the heat as I am in a wedding dress and my husband will be in a suit.

Any advise is welcomed.

What time of day are you getting marriered? There is usually a nice breeze if you are close to the beach. Are you wearing a formal wedding gown?

Hi, yes my dress is formal but it is of a lightweight fabric of organza and the ceromony is schduled for 2.30pm which is probably the hottest part of the day…i think we are going to have it in the gazebo and then the beach for photos…

I would also like makeup tips as i dont want a shiny face so i was wondering how you coped?

I got married at 5pm on La Barcaza Boat so I didn’t have to worry about the heat. I did my own makeup and everything went great…

Having your pictures done on the beach you will have a nice breeze so you should stay a bit cool…just look for shade when you can, lol.

Greggy and Cathy got married at the Pallidum this year, try and PM them I am sure they will have lots of great ideas for you.

Hula

My wife a I did participate in a wedding at the Fiesta Palladium resort and after the ceremony all the group move the Malibu party boat and the group had blast it was a very warm day but we love it snorkeling and boozing. Marc Pierre is the coordinator of this amazing tour.

http://www.puntacanapartyboat.com/Punta-Cana-wedding-boat.php

Hope it help.

Peter