Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Going To The Sandals - Who To Book With?

I live in Toronto, and I was wondering if some of you could tell me who you booked with as I am trying to get a reasonable package together, I am also looking for 10 days. If you provide me with some names, I will do the rest for prices etc.

Thanks

I’m not sure if you can go for 10 days out of Toronto but our travel agent Tracy R at Sunholidays.ca (now selloffvacations) is very helpful.
We have gone and are going back to the Sandals Regency. It really depends on what you want out of your vacation. Sandals Grande is more money but a newer resort and on a beach you can swim and do water sports on. At the Regency the red flag is posted quite often but the pools are great there - and there is golfing if you are into that. We enjoy the Sandals experience. Could you write on this forum if you happen to get 10 days to a Sandals? Tripcentral.ca might be helpful too. They have 10 day vacations that you can view on-line.
Happy searching.

Thanks, I booked with Tripcentral, that was the best price that I was able to find, for 7 days @ the Regency, hubby likes to golf and I prefer the pool rather than the ocean. Can you tell me since you have been there what the rooms are like in the main hotel, that is where we booked and we have Luxury Oceanview, I am not sure if that is with the window view or balcony, l do know that wer are not on the ground floor, I made sure that was confirmed in writting before we paid the deposit. Shall await your reply.

Friends we met while there last March stayed in the luxury room near the busier pool on the 2nd floor. The room was nice and similar to ours, only it had a balcony. We had a deluxe room without the balcony - which we really missed.
This time (Feb 4-11) we booked a grand luxury room. I have no idea where in the resort these types of rooms are but I am sure they will be just fine. Really most people aren’t in their rooms too long - we found the bed comfortable enough. There is lots of closet space (most are walk-in) with extra shelves, a safe. They supply a coffee pot and coffee, cups and a hairdryer. We don’t take milk in our coffees but I think there was coffeemate or something like that.
While down at the swim up bar near the busy pool as for Glen the bartender to make you one of his “Gspots.” Great fruity drink (I’m sure full of lots of booze and calories-but wonderful.
We really enjoyed it at the Regency, that is why we are going back 11 months later.
Our friends enjoyed the golf there and we loved the snorkelling excursions.
If you have any other questions just ask here.