Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Golf in Cayo Coco?

is there any golf courses in Cayo Coco?? or even around Moron?? thinking of a game maybe ?? in 19 days !!! :slight_smile:

We were wondering the same thing…I haven’t heard of anything, but would love to know!

did a search on TA no golf ?? be nice to get a game in with wifey…when ya going ??

We’re going at the end of April…probably around the 25th…would have loved to do some golfing, but hey, can’t complain, it’s a week in the sun!

for sure…maybe someone will have good news for us :slight_smile:

Hopefully! Over the years I haven’t heard anything about golf in Cayo Coco, but hopefully it’s because I had no interest in golf until the last 2 years!!

the nearest and only golf course is in Varadero, only about a nine hour drive, and another nine back, but if they build one, I will be back
If I’m not mistaken, it’s the only golf course in all of Cuba

More like four or five hours.

The only 18-hole course is Varadero. There’s a 9-hole course in Havana.

There are several proposals to develop golf courses with residential villas. The most advanced are Havana, Varadero and Holguin. (Again no Cayo Coco yet !)

no golf in Cayo Coco but Cayo Guillermo has bowling

Cayo Guillermo has mini golf lol

[quote=@beardo]More like four or five hours.

!)[/quote]

Oops, I thought it was farther, and I know when I drive there it’s about half as fast as the Cuban drivers :smiley:

[quote=@iggy1]
Oops, I thought it was farther, and I know when I drive there it’s about half as fast as the Cuban drivers :D[/quote]

Well - its a bit over 500 kms / 5 hours from Havana, so even allowing for getting cross-country, I can’t believe it’s much more.