Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Good deal?

Given all the recent discussion about the bad economy and the lack of deals to Cuba, I thought this deal sounded okay although I think I’ve seen it lower in previous years. It’s a Toronto departure to Holguin.

Toll-Free Line: 1.866.504.7714   Travel Last Minute Inc.

3 STAR Club Amigo Atlantico - Holguin, Cuba. $449

The Club Amigo Guardalavaca Complex is a favourite with Canadians and many keep coming back year after year. The ‘Village’, just recently built and more spacious, is the newest feature to the resort’s property. You’re just steps from the beach and from the other two all-inclusive hotels, where you have full access to.

Location: Beachfront resort complex 60 minutes from Holguin Airport and 40 minutes to the town of Holguin.

TORONTO (1 Week) Departure: MARCH 13, 20 - $449+ tax of $315

I don’t think thats a great deal, espically out of Toronto for that resort. Almost $800 for a week. I can get that resort out of Atlantic Canada pretty much anytime last min for about $500 plus taxes. I am surprised it’s still that much as a “last min deal” up there.

Maybe our prices out here aren’t so bad, or maybe the prices up there arent as good as they used to be???..

Lots of deals from Moncton for 5 March from $365. $545 for a 4 Star plus taxes. Maybe the prices are finally going down?
Happy Trails!

[quote=@monctonguy]I don’t think thats a great deal, espically out of Toronto for that resort. Almost $800 for a week. I can get that resort out of Atlantic Canada pretty much anytime last min for about $500 plus taxes. I am surprised it’s still that much as a “last min deal” up there.

Maybe our prices out here aren’t so bad, or maybe the prices up there arent as good as they used to be???..[/quote]Considering the walk-in rate for a room in ‘the barracks’ was $CUC109 per night back in 2009, I would call that a great deal! :sunglasses:

Once we got used to Packaged AI Vacation prices, now, Rack Rates sure look scary.

I think we should have deals section where members and potential partners can post their deals for our members and our members can help out other members if they find deal.
What do you guys think about that. It would be deals for Caribbean destinations not only Cuba.
Would you be interested?

As a separate forum on the main page? Sounds good. Automatically removed on the expiry date would be great too.

I like that idea. For those of us that check this site often its a great way to help out others maybe take a vacation they weren’t planning or thought they couldn’t afford.

I check 5-6 travel sites a day for deals, so I would be more than happy to contribute. I would say the only thing is we need to set some kinda guidelines around what is a “deal” somehow. Although that maybe a little difficult I realise.

The idea certainly has merit however you would need to know the pricing history of an area or a specific resort. I check on a daily basis sometimes more than once and have found some great deals this way.
I have gone to Cuba one week 49 dollars plus 280 taxes but those days could be gone.
Also timing is everything a good deal might last a couple of days a great deal could be only a matter of hours.As well you would need to go to the booking page to confirm the price you will pay is the same as the one you see at first. If the travel site has not been updated the airline may have increased the price.
I have not seen any good deals out of toronto for a while now.

I like the idea. I have taken at least two trips based on a hot tip about a deal, but generally you have to move fast!! (I have also posted info that others have taken advantage of…but not until I got my own trip nailed down, if I was in a position to go!):wink:

Brisas Guardavalca is a much better resort

True but there is no deal for that hotel and poster was talking about great deal!

Deals come and go. Even my children do nor like the Club Amigo.

Club Amigo has newer section that has some nice rooms and beach is nice as well. Older part of the hotel is not the best but new part of the hotel and swimming pool is very nice. I was there 2 years ago and I liked it and price was right!

Well I’m not surprised Michael & Angelica don’t like the Club Amigo.

You gave them a taste of 5 star resorts. No going back to 3 stars now.

Yes indeed eeeefarm, that is so true and I’ll always be thankful to you.
Without your heads up on the Akumal Beach Resort deal a few years back, we never would have met.
Good times, fond memories! Thanks again!

[quote=@yvrck][quote=@eeeefarm]I have also posted info that others have taken advantage of…but not until I got my own trip nailed down…[/quote]Yes indeed eeeefarm, that is so true and I’ll always be thankful to you.
Without your heads up on the Akumal Beach Resort deal a few years back, we never would have met.
Good times, fond memories! Thanks again!
[/quote]
Fond memories for me too! Maybe we’ll do it again sometime. :slight_smile:

Deals come and go that is true and is not easy to catch a deal but sometimes deals last for a few days and our members could check first here on the forum and see if someone posted a deal. So if a great deal is still available perfect if not than search for own deal yourself and once deal if found buy and post it on Debbie’s.

And thanks to you Crystal for your comments about Akumal Beach Resort many years ago. It put it in my mind and kept it there for several years until we finally got there in November thus year and had a wonderful snorkelling trip.

I had a deal last April…$89 plus tax for 5 days, 4 nights in Varadero. There were deals from $25 for a 2 star to $189 for a 5 star. And these deals went on for a cpl weeks. i told everyone I could, but most people have comittment’s like work, family, kids etc so hard to do a drop everything good deal.

But never hurts to have a thread where we can post deals.