Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Got Marriage Certificate what to do now?

I have just receive my marriage certificate. I live in New York and will like to know what is the process now, before changing my last name and status update for both.

Do you I need to translate the certificate?

Yes, you will need a translated copy - we used WeDo for the translated copy (they took care of our paperwork for the wedding and were just as fast and efficient with translating the marriage certificate into english and mailing the original and translated copy back). Most places will use the english certificate but be aware that to change your social security card the Social Security office requires the original spanish certificate for proof.