Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Got Points.. why not Donate them

At today’s “pre-Packing” a couple arrived with a U-haul full of stuff and while we were unloading she handed us a large box and said that she had read our list of items that we want to put in the family packs and so she went to shoppers and spent her points on Tooth brushes, soap, etc… what a great idea…

I realize many of you are not close enough to do drop of goods, but why not convert your points ( shoppers, HBC, Zellers, etc) to a gift card and send it to The Dubois Charitable Foundation…

You are not out of pocket any cash but you will make a difference in a Cuban Family’s life.

[quote=@marsher]…and so she went to shoppers and spent her points on Tooth brushes, soap, etc… what a great idea…

[/quote]

Seems I’m often lucky enough to be at the $75 level on my Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum card before a trip to Cuba. They also often have a promo where you get $100 worth of merchandise at the $75 points level, so watch for that as well.

I also just used my points to buy kid’s meds, vitamins, first aid supplies as well as some food items to take along at the end of the month.

Donating our points to Dubois is a great idea :slight_smile:

It is a great idea. On Debbie’s DR forum members have been sending in their Canadian Tire money to the Beyond the Beach organization and the money collected is used to buy school supplies and other things. You’d be surprised how much all those little amounts add up! Also, the HBC points can be exchanged for gift certificates for The Bay and Zellers. These can also be used by Dubois or anyone else to buy supplies for Cuba. It takes forever to get enough points for a measly $10 certificate - but $10 can help out our friends in Cuba.

Very true seachick1

Wonderful idea…I’ve been donating my Zehr’s points to the local food bank for years. A pain free way to help out others less fortunate. :smiley: