Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Gran Bahia Principe Esmeralda

Hi All,

We are planning to return to the DR for the 4th time next Oct 2013. We have previously stayed at what was Superclub Breezes PC, Riu Palace Macao & Ocean Blue & Sand. We are from the UK & have found a very keenly priced AI package at the Gran Bahia Principe Esmeralda in Bavaro. I am finding it quite hard to get any info with regards to this Hotel. Can anyone give me any info, would this be a good choice?
Thanks in advance
Debs x

Trip Advisor has lots of reviews for the GBP Esmeralda and have it ranked as 4th in popularity out of 98 hotels in PC. From the pictures it looks like a great hotel.

We’ve stayed at the Gran Bahia Principe Ambar (adults-only section) the last 3 years and have loved it. Each time, we’ve gone over to the Esmeralda to eat at the Italian Restaurant. It’s great. The Esmeralda looks just as nice as the Ambar section. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.

Mike

We are headed back next year to the Ambar (4th time) and love the Esmeralda side as well (friends stay there with their 8 year old), the Italian was excellent in my opinion and the whole ambiance of the hotel is lovely. The construction will be finished, so no problem there. If you have no children under the age of 18 with you, you can make reservations at the ala carte restaurants (you cannot use the Palmyra buffet).

You won’t be disappointed with the Esmeralda at all.

Sounds like a great place.

It would be a great choice.