Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Gran Ventana - new beach bar & Ocean Grill

Here are a few pix of the new beach bar and, the refurbished Ocean Grill:
Walking from the main pool area toward the new beach bar:

New beach bar standing on the beach, looking toward the Catalina Bldg.:

Ocean Grill - old wooden railing & spindles have been replaced; new granite countertop; salad bar has been moved and one exit removed:

At lunch, they have stations where you can have wraps prepared and grilled fresh; hamburgers, hot dogs, fresh fish; a nacho station and salad station.

They also allow men to wear dress shorts in the Ocean Grill at night now as they have removed the ceiling fans and installed new lighting.

edit:
stacked photos vertically to minimize width of post.
bfc

Looks great, we are looking forward to returning April 11th, the count down is on.

New Beach bar/Ocean Grill looks fabulous! This outside patio was one of my favourite places to sit in the mornings & watch the water and the beach!!

I can’t wait!

Thanks for the pics Don y Olivia,
Does Jacqui work at the new bar?
Mike

No - Jacqueline is still days at the Tiki Bar. She is going on vacation on the 25th (I think) for about 3 weeks… Others are on vacation now - Enrique (wine steward in the buffet) and Maria (hostess - nights at Ocean Grill). Enrique & Maria were given 2 days notice they were going on vacation.

Apparently tourism is down and they are giving (?) employees vacations now… not their usual time off.

Hope she’s back by mar.15
wouldn’t be the same not seeing her.

Pix of the Chicken and Shrimp with Creole Sauce - Ocean Grill:

Lemon Mango cake:

New drink menu at all the bars:

Looks good Don and Olivia they were just putting that canopy up when we were there last June and had just opened up for lunch. thanks for the updateed photos as always a mine of useful info. June 2009 can’t come quick enough!!!