Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Gran ventana

Just booked this resort for the first week of April. Just wondering if there is a disco at this resort? Also, what is the system for reserving dinner reservations? Thanks for the help. Very anxious to leave Sudbury, Ontario.

As far as I know, no disco! I have seen the reservation work 2 ways. One, register the morning of the night you want dinner (on your way to breakfast) or two, register the day before you want dinner. Best to ask the minute you arrive and then you can get register ASAP. I love the Octopus and the Italian resturant. If you are lucky, you might beg 2 reservations in 1 week depending on how busy it is. I managed 4 in 3 weeks.

The food in the buffet at this resort is the best!

Enjoy!!!

Hi, visited GV, last November.

No disco. A couple of bars 2 minutes outside the gates.

We booked our a al carte’s for the week the morning after we arrived.

CHEERS!

Hemminway’s & Roadway Bar & Grill just outside of GV gates.

We were able to book our a la carte in the afternoon for that evenings’ sitting…it was a later sitting, but do-able. Or do as radacan did & book all at once. BTW- to book your a la cartes, walk over to the reception area of the Baeta Bldg …open 8-5.

Gran Ventana has no disco
As said before there are several bars outside the hotel within the Playa Dorada Complex.
De disco from Paradise hotel (next door) and the disco from the hotel next to the entrance of Playa Dorada complex are both open for tourists from other hotels and locals.

dinner reservation you can do at the reception from the Beate building. Normal rule is 1 reservation per a la carte restaurant per week. The hotel has 3 a la carte restaurants.
I was there last november for 3 weeks and on our second day we made the reservations for all 3 weeks.