Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Gran Ventana

Hi
On November 30 I will travel with my best girl friend to Dominican again. We stayed a couple of times in Paradise Beach in Playa Dorada, Grand Paradise in Bavaro Beach and Casa marina Beach in sosua. This will be our first stay in the Gran Ventana. Who can tell me more about the hotel.
Thanks
bianca

In my opinion, the Gran Ventana is the best resort in the Playa Dorada Complex. It is onethe newest and the highest rated. There are 3 main buildings - each 3-storeys high, two pools (one activity pool with a swim-up bar, one quiet pool), three great a la carte restaurants, and good entertainment. I stayed there for one week last year with my sister prior to starting my job down there and we both really liked it. Also, it was one of the six resorts I repped at and the one with the fewest complaints. They also have a nice beauty salon and Internet services right on the property. This resort is also in a great location - right on the beach and very close to the plaza. Have a good vacation!

one of the newest Wyndam Playa Dorada was built last year

bianca:

We’ve stayed at the Gran Ventana 3 times - returning for our 4th in April/06.

We have photos from March/03 and Dec/04-Jan/05 on webshots address below. This will give you an idea of what the hotel is like.

We prefer the Saona Bldg - Catalina is similar. The Beta bldg is across the street and has the quiet pool.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

I do have to agree it is the best, not as big as some of the other resorts we have been to but probably one of the best. The food is above quality, the buffy is defenetly the best I have ever had. You will not regret having chosen this resort, and will want to return, unless like me we never go to the same twice ::slight_smile:

You will completely enjoy yourselves at this great resort. I have to agree with the above posts it is by far the best in that area. Have a great, great time.

:sunglasses: Having read all the good reviews about the Gran Ventana we were disappointed that for us they didn’t live up to them. If you’re a pool side person you’ll enjoy the day time entertainment we’re beach people and found that nothing happens on the beach and even the beach bar closes at 3 pm. The food was good though .

Annette

The Gran Ventana is a wonderful resort. FYI, the Wyndam Playa Dorado used to be Rhumba Heavens, it is not new but it was remodeled over the past couple of years.