Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Grand Oasis Bavaro-Absolutely Beautiful

We are just back a week from the Grand Oasis Bavaro…were there with our grown kids over New Year’s. I was extremely nervous because of all the consistently negative reviews. Forget them!!! This place is lovely! I am not a first time traveller, have stayed at Casa Del Mar in La Romana twice before. We travelled with Nolitours-Air Transat and stayed in the Cameleon section, Rooms 11304 and 11308. Beautiful very clean, contemporary rooms. Air conditioning worked beautifully, lots of hot water, drinks changed everyday in the mini bar. Any complaints we had (dripping from the ceiling air conditioner) was fixed right away. Perhaps things get fixed faster with a smile on your face and in your voice!

The food was very good. As with any group of restaurants anywhere some food is more to your taste than others. You can make a choice! It’s that simple. We loved eating breakfast at the buffet at Aqua every morning. Nice ambiance there and great bacon etc!! I love to pig out on Carb food when on holidays! We thought it was the best morning buffet. We love the beach and tended to grab pizza, hotdogs or hamburgers from the beach buffet. We tried every a la carte except the Japanese (did not have time). We loved Di Marios, the food, ambiance and service was lovely. The Tex Mex was good too. Also ate at Aqua and it was very nice sitting outside on the patio! All the waiters we had were very attentive.

New Years Eve was sensational! A big gala buffet (and the food was really delicious that night at the big buffet restaurant, Windows). Then a theatre presentation, then a beach party starting about 11:15 pm with DJ etc. My son is a DJ and was impressed with their setup. It was very organized and tons of fun. We danced on the beach then at midnight there was an incredible fireworks display that went on for ages!

Beautiful beach that you could walk forever to the north. We enjoyed the lack of development just past our resort…nice to walk on the beach with the greenery on the other side.

I’m writing more than I should on this site. An extended review will be sent to Deb’s. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

glad you had a good time…we stayed there when it was still the allegro and we loved the beach there…sounds like they did a lot of work too!

Thanks for this update. We are booked in for 2 weeks in Feb and I’ve been quite disappointed by the bad reviews on Debbie’s as well as Trip Advisor. I look forward to reading your review and any suggestions of things to do there. I’m getting excited now!! I think I’ll start packing!!

We were there at the same time it looks like. We also had no problems at all with the resort. We had a wonderful time and would go back again if we weren’t so interested in trying out new places!

Sounds like a great place.
Is this part of Grand Oasis Punta Cana?
Thanks

It is part of the Grand Oasis Punta Cana. It’s a sep. section though with it’s own pools and restaurant plus some other little perks (like no charge for the Japanese rest.)

Sounds great …thanks alot!