Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Grand Palladium restaurants

Does anyone know of a link that describes the restaurants at the Grand Palladium resort in Punta Cana. I would like to make my choices and book them all the day we arrive. For some resorts I have actually found menus but cannot locate anything online for this one. We are staying at the Palace, leaving next week.
tks everyone

Reservations are not needed at the Palladium.

Here is a website with restaurant and bar descriptions

http://snipurl.com/7z4ww

Hi,
Make sure you visit the Spanish restaurant in the Bavaro section. The food and service are both excellent.
Jason

Yep, Thats right no reservations, same as Ocean Blue.

[quote=@jlpsmith]Hi,
Make sure you visit the Spanish restaurant in the Bavaro section. The food and service are both excellent.
Jason[/quote]

I agree. The food is very good. Even the buffet is good. You can’t go wrong. If you have the extra money, try Capitan Cook’s, near the shops on the beach…but beware of the ice. They give you a complimentary bottle of chilled wine (pretty good stuff). Have fun.
cuba

[quote=@cubalibre][quote=@jlpsmith]Hi,
Jason[/quote]

I agree. The food is very good. Even the buffet is good. You can’t go wrong. If you have the extra money, try Capitan Cook’s, near the shops on the beach…but beware of the ice. They give you a complimentary bottle of chilled wine (pretty good stuff). Have fun.
cuba[/quote]
What’s the problem with the ice?
AFAIK, all the ice is made from purified water.

Maybe not at Captain Cooks, but definitely at the resorts.

hlywud, that’s sounds correct. The water used to make ice outside of the complex isn’t worth taking the chance of drinking. We had stayed at the palladium the first time we went to P.C. and decided if we went to dinner at Cpt. Cook’s, we could go visit the resort and say hola to our friends. After the short visit we would take the free boat ride back to the RIU Bambu. We almost didn’t make it to the bathrooms at the Palladium. Not good.
The wine at the restaurant is chilled and very good. The bottle comes with the meal. No need for ice. Mixed drinks have ice. The food at Cpt. Cook’s is very good. The plate for two is about the size of a trash can lid, with lobsters hanging off of it. It was about $100.00 dollars U.S., a couple of years ago.

I see the ice trucks all over the place and I would find it hard to believe that a place that caters to tourists would use anything but commercial ice (made with the good stuff). Maybe someone local (mikefisher, puntacanamike) can ask them directly and get a definitive answer …

We have been to Captian Cooks a few times and never had a problem with the ice or anything else.