Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Grand Palladium vs Melia Caribe Tropical vs Riu Palace Macao

[p]We’re booking a trip to Punta Cana in mid November this year. Previously had a wonderful stay to Iberostar Punta Cana but we’d like to try a different resort this time that’s up to the same quality.  Trying to decide between the hotels above. Anyone have any input on one over the other?  My travel agent says they are all wonderful.  We’ll be doing the Apple Vacations package so we also have the option of the 6 golden apple square deal.  With the square deal they guarantee you a top rated resort generally valued much higher but you don’t know what resort until your plane is landing.  I’m considering that one but wouldn’t want to possibly end up in LaRomana. I’m sure it’s great there but too far a drive from the airport on my short vacation.  I want to hit the beach right away :slight_smile:

Any opinions?

[/p]

I have stayed at the Melia 5X and going again this fall. All resorts are big, so there is some walking or taking the tram around. Food is good (subjective) grounds are beautiful, and beach is nice and wide.

Last January, we stayed at the Riu Palace Bavaro, part of the Riu complex. First thing is that the beach area is very nice infront of the Macao, and grounds etc are great. But we were a bit disappointed with the food, and the primary reason was that we stayed at the Grand Palladium Palace, and the Royal Suites Turquesa (Part of the Palladiums)in IMHO, there is no comparison. One example was that the sports bar at the Riu’s have hamburg/hotdogs, but to heat them you must use the microwave. For a 5 star this is not acceptable. The Palladiums have a 24 hour sports bar, with a cook on duty. Great BBQ. If you really want to go in style, try the Royal Suites, all adults, and nice and quiet. Definately my favorite resort.
Between the Riu and Palladium, I would definately choose the Palladiums.
I have not been to the Melia Caribe Tropical, so I can’t comment on it.

I have stayed at all 3, Melia i stayed was royal section, IMHO , grand palladium wins hands down, for many reasons, location( esy to leave the resort and be in a area with public bars, shopping, restaurants, ect)… Palladium is big BUT very easy to navigate… many beach bar kiosks ( they only do basic drinks but with them being all over the beach,no long lines for drinks)… Ive been to Palladiu many times, always been a winner for me,

Thank you all for your opinions! We just couldn’t decide but wanted to book while we had access to a direct flight so we chose the 6 golden apple square deal. No more decisions…just a nice surprise when we land :slight_smile:

[quote=@rosemarieg]Thank you all for your opinions! We just couldn’t decide but wanted to book while we had access to a direct flight so we chose the 6 golden apple square deal. No more decisions…just a nice surprise when we land :slight_smile:
[/quote]

cant go wrong, its a vacation … :slight_smile:

I agree. They’re all good. Have a great trip and please send us a review. :slight_smile:

Very true…can’t go too wrong on vacation in the Caribbean :slight_smile: And Bob, will do. Can’t wait to find out where we’ll end up!

PERFECT! I’m sure you’ll have a great time no matter what property they pick. AFAIK, there aren’t any losers in the mix. :))