Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Grand Palladium Wedding Info

I have been planning a wedding at the Grand Palladium for over a year now. We finally booked and will be staying in the Palace section. There is a WC (wedding coordinator) for the Bavaro section and her name is Carolina and then there is another WC for the Punta Cana & Palace sections. I will post all the info that I have here to help anyone that is planning or thinking of planning their wedding at this beautiful resort.

The wedding package - $1100 USD
Includes
-Judge & administration arrangements
-Wedding Cake
-Bouquet for bride and buttonhole for groom(daisies or carnations)
-Reception for bride, groom and guests (up to 50 people for no extra charge)
-One bottle of champagne

Renweal of Vows - $580 USD
Includes
-Welcome fruit basket for bride & groom
-Organization of ceremony with Guest Services
-Wedding ceremony performed by and English speaking staff member
-Bouquet for bride and buttonhole for groom (dasies or carnations)
-Decorated location
-Wedding Cake
-Reception at a la carte restaurant for bride, groom & guests
-One bottle of champagne

Extras Available
-Musical Trio - $75 USD
-Horse & Carriage - $45 USD
-Wedding Legalization - $60 USD (not for vow renewal)

• Bouquet upgrade - ~$47 USD (Flowers available depend on season)
    -Corsage & bracelets - ~$15 USD each
    -Buttonhole - ~$7 USD each
    -Bridesmaid bouquets - ~$25 USD each

They have a nice garden gazebo by the beach for weddings, or you can have a beach wedding.

Here is a pic of a beach wedding

Samples of some options of bridesmaid bouquets

A sample pic of one option of a bridal bouquet upgrade

These are the chairs that they use for the ceremony

Here is a sample pic of a table set up for the reception. They just got in 100 new chair covers, and are now offering them for free of charge. As for the colour of sash you want, check with them.

Here is the wedding cake they make. I sent in a couple of pics of wedding cakes that I like and asked if they could make that instead. They are making the cake that I want at no extra cost, but depending on what you want, there could be an extra cost.

Facts
-You must be in the country for 2 days before you can be married
-Your date will be confirmed once the judges schedule is arranged. You will not receive your wedding time until you arrive at the resort. (Vow renewals don’t need the judge, so a date and time can be choosen without to much trouble)
-Day passes are $50 a person for anyone that is not staying at the resort.
-There is no deposit to book your wedding, and the final total will be paid at the resort.

Contact Info

Carolina Beck - Grand Palladium Bavaro wedding coordinator- acliente.bavaro@fiestahotelgroup.com
Ph# - (809)221-8149
Fax - (809)221-8150

Isyuney Peguero - Grand Palladium Punta Cana/Palace WC
acliente.palace@fiestahotelgroup.com
Ph# - (809)221-0719
Fax - (809)221-0819

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask me, as I may have the answer, or I could try and find out for you since I am currently in contact with them. Hope this helps out anyone that is look to have their wedding here.

Hi erica

I was just wondering how many guests you are having?? I’, just starting to plan my wedding and haven’t quite decided what resort I wanted. I originally wanted the Majestic but i got the price list and they want approx $100 pp plus 26% for dinner and open bar.

I haven’t asked them yet why they charge for an open bar if it’s all inclusive.

I went to the Palladium in May of this year and loved it so that is probably my next choice.

If I’m planning to have 80-100 people do you know how much they charge for the dinner and if alcohol is included??

Hi,

When is your wedding? What is the best time to reach Carolina? I called there yesterday and didn’t get her? I hope that all works out on your wedding day. I plan on getting married next Nov.

Hi!
I am also getting married Next November at the Grand Palladium. Erica, do you know what colors of sashes they have for the chairs?
Also, when do you decide on things like menus, flowers, cake ect? Is this done when you arrive at the resort?
Do you have any more pictures other than the ones you posted?If so can you please send anything you have to me?
Thanks alot!
Ang

Hi Everyone,
I am also getting married at the Grand Palladium and just got our date confirmed today for March 18, 2009. I’ve been in contact with Isyuney the wedding coordinator from the palace, however i was only sent the price lists. I’m wondering how you were able to get all the pictures sent to you. Also were wondering about photographers, any information provided to you on that? Thanks

Just wondering if anyone else has recently got married at the Grand Palladium, any advice?

i’m getting married at the palladium bavaro next saturday (jan 31/09)…i would love to give you some info when i get back…everything is going smoothly w/planning. i am dealing with carolina, there are 17 of us going down. we leave next wednesday…can’t wait!!

Hi ladies,
I am so sorry for being late in coming with all this information. Moved into a bigger house and just trying to settle down.
I was married at the Grand Palladium Bavaro on 5/17/08. Our wedding coordinator was Carolina Beck. She was the BEST! I lover her. She helped with everything including making sure we had everything with regards to our legal documents before the wedding.
Ceremony: We had our ceremony on the beach (at 4:30pm). There was a stone path that lead to the beach and from there coconuts were put on either side that formed an aisle that lead to the trellis that was beautifully decorated with native tropical flowers and palm leaves. A judge presided the ceremony, but we then had a priest bless our union (no charge but a donation to the church is encouraged). My parents were very happy with that. We also did a sand ceremony on the beach to have it last a little longer. I took one of pages from this site and added a little bit to it and had my husband’s sister read it, while we poured the sand. After all this the total amount of time was approx. 1/2 hr.
Cocktail Toast: Once we concluded the ceremony, we then walked down a pathway from the beach to the gazebo (a 2 min. walk) which was also beautifully decorated to our surprise, where we had a champagne toast and served some light fare. After the toast some of our guest took this time to freshen up back in their rooms (or change for the dinner and dancing part).
Reception: When 6:30 arrived to our surprise we had a private train arrive at the Gazebo to pick us up and take us to La Uva. The train had been decorated as well. We actually rented out La Uva for an extra $1000. If you are having a large party, I would definitely recommend this route. We had to choose one main dish for our entire party which I could not understand but it worked out. We choose the steak dish from Arrecife, it was awesome. We did have 3 vegetarians in our party and they did accomodate us with a separate dish for them with no problems. We had a total of 33 guest for our wedding. We rented the DJ from the resort and had our first dance at about 9pm and then danced until midnight. It was amazing.
Carolina was our fairy godmother that day. She was there the entire day, to make sure there were no problems. She had everthing coordinated that we asked for. The times especially, like cake cutting. Just make sure to have it all written down for her so she can reference it throughout the night.
There is not a day that my husband and I wish we could re-do it all over again.
I will send pics to whomever would like to see them. We did use the photagrapher from the resort, he did an awesome job. He know’s the landscape of the resort, so he knows where to take the best pictures.
Congratulations to all of you on your upcoming nuptials! You certainly have picked a resort that is paradise to get married at.
I will check this site daily now that I have my head back. So if any of you have any questions please let me know.
Cheers!

Hi,
we stayed at the Bavaro section in December and had a really good time.

We booked suites which were excellent, as was the food in all sections of grand palladium. The staff were lovely and in general i would recommend this resort to anyone.

We were able to watch several weddings during our stay, both on the beach and at the gazebo.

I am now in the process of starting to plan a wedding and this resort is top of my list.

However, I see that you have posted a picture of a beach wedding. The picture does not show anyone else on the beach. I’m afraid to say that this beach is very busy. Used not only by guests at the palladium resorts but also by guests of other esorts enjoying a stroll.

The beach ceremony location is also reight nect to the beach volley ball court. And when i say right next to, i mean literally a couple of feet away. I watched two weddings interrupted by people playing volley ball. In fact, the ball bounced into the ceremony. Please bear this in mind when planning.

Whilst the beach is always the obvious choice for a wedding ( and the picture you have posted only strengthens this choice ) you have to appreciate that the hotel does not have a seperate beach area which is " out of bounds " for non wedding guests.

I would suggest you also enquire as to where the reception will be held for your guests. Do the palladium provide a speciality resteraunt as a venue for your reception which is closed to other guests. The weddings we watched had their receptions in the beach buffet resteraunt. So, the wedding party were all dressed accordingly and were sat next to people in shorts and tee shirts enjoying burger and chips. Some people may not mind this but personally a wedding is the most important day of your life and should be perfect. My brother, who wed in Luperon ( North ) some years ago hired a resteraunt solely for the wedding party and it was excellent. I will certainly be looking into this.

As i said, the resort is excellent. Probably the best we have visited in DR. Just ensure you ask the questions.

Jason

Hello Everyone,

I am also getting married on July 21st at the Grand Palladium. I have been emailing Carolina over the past couple of months which has been very helpful. Does anyone have any suggestions for me or pictures of their day. I’m having trouble imagining what to expect because I haven’t been able to see receive any additional pictures or suggestions.

Thank you,

Erica

don’t fret I was at a wedding on Nov. 23rd and Carolina did a wonderful job, a beautiful ceremony, leave it to her

HI there,

I just sent out my invitations last week, my fiance and I are getting married at the Grand Palladium Bavaro on February 1st, 2011. We are very excited, but I find that I am not getting many answers back from the planner at the resort…It is not Caroline. I was asking her if, instead of roses or regular flowers I could get some tropical flowers, and if there was a plug in for an ipod, and if it was possible to rent a room, because we are going to be a large group. She never responds to me, but keeps sending me a price list. Did you guys have a private party, I just feel out of the loop, and that they do not really want to help out. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I should just call there, do you know what the best time is to contact them. Thank you! Nic

Nichotte, just wondering if you where having any luck with your planning. I was having the same issues in May of this year to get a date nailed down so I could send out my invitations. I was able to do so, I contacted Caroline about a month ago and was able to get her to confirm the beach party for me. I have 45 people booked so far.
However I am stuggling with the legal requirements, I am a Canadian resident and was quoted $660 to have my documents translated and legalized. I am struggling with paying that amount and considering marrying in Canada the day before we leave.
Just wondering how your planning is going and if you where having the same issues with the documents.

[quote=@crazy]Nichotte, just wondering if you where having any luck with your planning. I was having the same issues in May of this year to get a date nailed down so I could send out my invitations. I was able to do so, I contacted Caroline about a month ago and was able to get her to confirm the beach party for me. I have 45 people booked so far.
However I am stuggling with the legal requirements, I am a Canadian resident and was quoted $660 to have my documents translated and legalized. I am struggling with paying that amount and considering marrying in Canada the day before we leave.
Just wondering how your planning is going and if you where having the same issues with the documents.[/quote]

Is it the $660 you are having a problem with or have you run into other problems getting your documents done. Who are you using to translate and legalize you paperwork?

Thanks for the response. I find $660 excessive just to have a few pieces of paper translated and legalized. I called the consulate in Toronto and that is the price they gave me. I sent an email to Wedo for a quote but haven’t had a response. Are you aware of anywhere to get it done cheaper? Thanks

I found WEDO to be cheaper, I think for us it is $660…it will cost us $960 though the consulate in Toronto…as we have to have our divorce papers done to…