Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Grand Paradise samana

I am thinking of going here in jan 2013 just wondering if anyone has been there and how it is. I am also looking at gran bahai prinipe cayacoa.

Read the reviews and disregard some. After reading the reviews we picked the Cayacoa as they were more positive. My review is under Alec Nov 17th 2010, ( time fly’s as I thought it was only last year) my likes and dislikes are there. If you like PM me your e mail address and I’ll send you some pictures.

GP Samana is a decent resort, nice beach, but I prefer the Bahia Principe chain.
So Cayacoa woild be my choice.

The grand paradise samana looks good but there were alot of reviews on trip advisor last winter where people were very sick so just a little worried

we are going to grand paradise in feb just wondering what the weather is like here in feb

We have just returned from a great week at the Grand Paradise. Food, while not super abundant, was very good. Had no problems with my stomach, and neither did my wife. Found the ala carts very good, fish was excellent, and my steak was good. I would not hesitate to return.

[quote=@runner1]We have just returned from a great week at the Grand Paradise. Food, while not super abundant, was very good. Had no problems with my stomach, and neither did my wife. Found the ala carts very good, fish was excellent, and my steak was good. I would not hesitate to return. [/quote]Thanks for your recommendation Runner1,looks you enjoys a lot out there. :slight_smile:

James-Don’t expect everything to be perfect. Sometimes in the afternoon, the beach is loaded with seaweed, because of the location. The workers do a great job at cleaning up. Our room was excellent, very clean, great views. Absolutely no problem with bugs etc. And nice large balcony’s. Wifi worked right on the beach area. Go with an open mind, don’t sweat the small things, and you’ll have a great time.

[quote=@runner1]James-Don’t expect everything to be perfect. Sometimes in the afternoon, the beach is loaded with seaweed, because of the location. The workers do a great job at cleaning up. Our room was excellent, very clean, great views. Absolutely no problem with bugs etc. And nice large balcony’s. Wifi worked right on the beach area. Go with an open mind, don’t sweat the small things, and you’ll have a great time.[/quote]For sure we will go and thanks a lot for your suggestion. :slight_smile:

Why would you want wifi on the beach? Isn’t that the place you would want to disconnect?

Absolutely, but just for an example. WiFi seemed to work in most areas of the resort.
And, without the loud music playing, the beach area is a great place to relax and unwind.