Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Great swimming

Hello,
I’m having a hard time deciding on a resort in Mexico that has all I’m looking for. I would like a 4.5 - 5 star resort with a swimming beach comparable to Bavaro Beach in Punta Cana. Last year we went to Grand Palladium Riviera and were disappointed in how many rocks there were at the beach…great for snorkling but not so great for swimming. There was only one small section in front of Kantenah that was suitable for swimming without wearing water socks. Is there another resort area that is better for swimming? We are 40-somethings who don’t want the busy Cancun scene but would more prefer a quieter Mayan Riviera resort.

I’d say look at the Barcelos (Beach, Colonial, Tropical). Not exactly quiet (think big, mega resort), but fits the rest of your needs.

:slight_smile: Bubbletoes is right. Check out the Barcelos. It has just about everything you need and could want.

Yes, it’s a “mega resort” but each of the sections has it’s own “feel” to it.

The swimming beach is in front of the Beach / Caribe sections but if you also want to snorkel off the beach you have that option, too. Just walk a bit down the beach towards the Tropical / Colonial and Palace sections.

The food and service were great at this resort and the resort is absolutely beautiful. :-*

Quiet would also describe the Catalonia Royal Tulum just south of the Barcelos.
The beach is great for swimming with very few rocks at all