Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Halcyon or St. James Club

Has anyone vacationed at either one of these all-inclusives lately? We are trying to make a decision on the best resort based on value, location, beach, water (calm/waves), food, service, etc…
There will be four couples (all in 40’s) going sometime the last two weeks of February 05. Any help would be appreciated and if anyone is planning on being there please let me know. We will be leaving from Chicago.
Rich

We were at Halcyon Jan 04 and had one of our best holidays yet. It is the smaller of the Sandles resorts but the people are sooo friendly, food top notch, drinks awesome :-* . The resort itself is just beautiful large 4 poster bed, balcony or patio, never too far away from anything. I’m not too familar with St James but would highly recommend Halcyon to anyone. We met lots of differn’t age groups who were all having a great time. 25-80 yrs. Let me know if you need more info

Have not been to St. Lucia yet but we are booked to go on Feb 14 to the Sandals REgency… but we will be visting the Halycon. Have read lots of negative reviews about the Regency, but I will see when I get there. I know that some people can be very very very picky so I am going with an open mind. I will report my findings about the Halycon when I return.

am adding this a couple of days before leaving… there have been a couple of very positive posts about the Regency… so check them out.

Happy Travels to all

Hilda :slight_smile:

I stayed at the St James Club in Oct '04…Very European,
family oriented. I enjoyed the laid back atmosphere.
Be ready to climb hills in St Lucia!
Met people who thoroughly enjoyed the Halcyon…met people
who complained about the Sandals Regency and moved to the
Sandals Grande. Sandals Grande has beautiful beach and delicious food…
Hope this helps!

Just returned Feb 7, saw the Halcyon and Grande, like the Regency where we stayed all were very good resorts.
We had an excellent vacation, one of the best ever.

My review will be posted shortly, sent to Debbie today.

Hlywud