Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Hallowe'en On The Beach?

We will be away for the Canadian Hallowe’en…
much to the horror, shock and dismay of our daughters…
Is there any celebrations in the Dominican Republic?
We will be at Bavaro Princess, Punta Cana, and I was wondering if the resorts do anything…or is this a nonevent there?
Thanks…
and have a safe and happy Hallowe’en!

I would imagine they do something for the next day - All Saint’s Day. Wow Kaos, that’s only 3 weeks away! :wink:

You will have to let us know how it goes…I think it would be very interesting…Enjoy

Are you planning on bringing anything along with you for your kids to celebrate with, in case the resort doesn’t do anything?

I would not think they, the Dominican people, would celebrate what is more like a pagan holiday then a religious holiday. I do believe that most of the citizens of that great nation are RC. and therefore not likely to celebrate it and of course the most important reason for not celebrating Hallowe’en is they are way to poor to be handing out treats for their children.

I will bring some Hallowe’en stuff with us…thanks for the great idea, Ginny!
Still…You make an excellent point…although, we are Roman Catholic, and Hallowe’en is the BIG DEAL to all the saucy Catholic children I know ( and love)…

I’ve PM you and I believe the Pope wishes you a safe and great Catholic trip.

Have a great trip Caroline. Are your kids going to take some costumes with them? A large bags of mini chocolate bars -Yum!

Have a wonderful time!

Make sure you tell us all about it when you return!

Familygal

Just in case there’s no festivities at B.P., bring Nightmare before Christmas with you and they’ll have their seasonal fix. :-*

Hola: We were at CDM last year and they had giant devil mask for one of their shows. We will be at Sunscape the Beach this year and I am bringing a mask to celebvrate. It may be fun.

Mike & Cyndie - The Maineacs

[quote author=fike90 board=general thread=1128633257 post=1128707262]Hola: We were at CDM last year and they had giant devil mask for one of their shows. We will be at Sunscape the Beach this year and I am bringing a mask to celebvrate. It may be fun.

Mike & Cyndie - The Maineacs[/quote]

Is this the type of mask?

Hola Gregg: It was like that but much more devilish. This was hung up over the entrance to the show area. It was probably 15-20 feet tall.
I have been in the north Maine woods on the Canadian border for the last week. All I saw was beautiful leaf colors and many moose.

Take care.

Mike & Cyndie - The Maineacs

Mike & Cyndie,

The reason I mention it and the reason I asked is because the mask I showed is NOT a Halloween Mask (even if it were to be used at Halloween). It is a “Carnival” mask and is used on Independence Day, February 27 most notably in La Vega but also in other cities throughout the DR.

This may only be a coincidence but it’s just info FYI.