Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Has anyone used Beatmyquote.ca before?

Hi There,

It’s been a long, long time since I’ve posted on Debbie’s site…I’m an avid TA user but found that Debbie’s had the best Cuba information.

Hubby and I are thinking of booking the Sandals Royal Hicacos via Toronto April 27th (we’re from SK…no flights that time of year). Our TA (Escapes.ca) has a price offered but BMQ.ca is offering the same package for $154 pp LESS!! Is this too good to be true? Has anyone booked with BMQ.ca before?

Thanks. I love saving money!! ;D

Lisa27

On a recommendation from Someone on here,
I have tried them 2X in the past coouple of weeks,
and both quotes came in
over $100 cheaper overall.

See if anyone else will match the price, like a travel agent maybe.

I used them in late September for a trip in October - they were about $100 cheaper (each - savings of $200!) than anyone else and everything went off without a hitch. I’ll be using them again in the future for sure.
I phoned them and booked, had a confirmation email within an hour and three days later the e-tickets came in another email.

Thanks everyone…why book through a store front TA when I’m the one doing all the research, etc. Might as well get the best price…plus they are a TA. And I like to do my own research.

Lisa27

[quote=@lisa27]why book through a store front TA when I’m the one doing all the research, etc.

[/quote]
So you can see exactly who you are dealing with and getting the same price match with other advice as needed, instead of a call centre.

We used them for our trip last week and had no problems.

Check this out "PRICE MATCHING"
http://www.searstravel.ca/sts/ShowDetailContentAction.do?campaign=pricematch

I check out website pricing from various sites. I try to find the lowest price. I print out the website pricing. Then go to either Sears or Marlin Travel for a Price Match and make my travel arrangements from there. It always works for me and am very happy with dealing with someone in front of me. If I have any further questions I go to the agent I was dealing with. Very Simple!

Lucky you jetpilot!

Unfortunately for me here in Vancouver, neither Sears Travel nor Marlin were ever in the slightest interested in price matching anything I found on a website.

I gave up on both of them years ago and book primarily with an on-line provider -escapes.ca- who have their storefront agency right here in Vancouver.

Haven’t used BeatMyQuote but I did check their pricing and it was the same as escapes.ca offered for the resorts I was interested in. If BMQ did have a lower price, I know that the people I deal with at escapes.ca would match it.

jetpilot - here is what the Sears site says- OUR PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE!
We will match any Canadian competitor’s advertised price.*
Since beatmyquote doesn’t advertise, Sears won’t match.

I was just looking at the beat my quote site. In order to get a quote it appears you must give them a valid charge card number. I would be worried that while I was “shopping prices” that they may book me without my knowledge. Once they send you the quote, are you obligated? How does it work?

All I sent was an e-mail address. They responded within 2 hours and offered $25 off the best price from another on-line booking service. I didn’t book with anyone yet, I’m just shopping.

Me too, I just provided the details of the resort, date, provider and source as well as my email address and they came back with $30 off per person. Was not asked for credit card.

I just went back and double checked. I guess I’m losing my mind!!! There is no place for a visa number. I think I need a vacation!