Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Help me decide

Last year, we went to Punta Cana for the first time, stayed at the EdenH, and LOVED it. So we want to go back to PC again this year. Problem is, I am having a devil of a time deciding where to go! Should we go back to the EdenH? Try the new Majestic Elegance? Or just go for what costs the least (which is what we did last year, and how we lucked out with the EdenH, which is not the cheapest option this year.)

Maybe some of you frequent PC-travelers can help. Ideally, I’d like to go adults-only, but those resorts seem to be very expensive. Hubby loved the catamarans at EdenH last year (he’s a sailor from way back), and so we’d like to have cats at the resort we go to this year. We’re pretty easy about food and lodging . . . and neither of us drink, so top-shelf or bottom-shelf, we don’t care!

Oh, and we’d like to go for 2 weeks this year. Has anyone stayed at more than one resort – like, done one week at one and one week at another? I might like to try that, but don’t know how difficult it is to move from one resort to another.

Thanks in advance!

I would say that it depends when you plan on going. If it is soon then I would not go to the Elegance. If you are not going for a while then I would say the Iberostar Grand Bavaro (not open yet), Majestic Elegance Adults only section (just opened). I just went to the Bahia Ambar and I would probably not go back because I like the family resort Majestic Colonial better.

Looks like we won’t be going until late Feb/early March.

Maybe we’ll just do the safe thing, and go back to the EdenH. That was such an awesome place, and when we went it had just been open a few weeks. It’s probably even more awesome now!

If you are planning on going to the Majestic Elegance, I would suggest booking it now, I know that the adults only section books up very fast. Out of Ottawa they were sold out and we could only get the week of the 21st of February. You may want to check and see if it’s even available from your area. That might help you make your decision.
Good luck