Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Help re flight cost

Hi, going to Punta Cana for the first time. Booked at Majestic Elegance from 12/19 to 12/26. Is Canadian $426 ( everything included) a reasonable fee for a one-way flight from Toronto to Punta Cana on 12/19, or should I wait for the price to drop.

Thanks very much.

Personally, I wouldn’t wait too long to book my flight if I’ve already booked my hotel stay. This could be a very busy time for flying.

You only mention a one-way fare… Right now, WestJet has a sale on for the return trip, and the round-trip would cost you $693.50 (including everything).

AFAIK, Westjet, Skyservice, AT, Sunwing won’t even sell you a one way ticket to any of the sun destinations. Nor can the return date be much longer than about 3 weeks from your departure date. We have friends that winter over in Puerto Plata. They book their trip down and spend the first week or two at an AI before moving to their apartment. The return ticket is just ripped up and thrown away. They rebook another week or two at an AI when it’s time to come home. In this case, the first flight voucher is worthless.

Thanks very much, everyone. I’ve just booked Westjet from Toronto to Punta Cana for $428 total - one way on 12/19.

Kewl. Good going. ;D

edit: that does bring up the question about how you are getting back home …

Kewl. Good going. ;D

edit: that does bring up the question about how you are getting back home …[/quote]

Maybe Mike needs a new deckmate?

I booked the return trip at $99 ( 12/26) last week.

You’re a good shopper. ;D

Actually…there is now a new " blueskies" agreement with Canada and the DR which means that if they wish…charter ( non scheduled airlines) can in fact sell one way tickets or book return tickets from the Dr to Canada…back to the DR… http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/tourism/2008/9/9/29359/Dominican-Republic-and-Canada-conclude-Blue-Sky-agreement

As for the dates you ahve…I would not delay in booking, as that period is one of the busiest of the year!

Cheers

PCMike

WOW i can’t believe what I’m reading on this price!! I always book trough my TA a package deal. I’ve been shopping around for a good price, and all i come up with is about $1.700 PP.
Anyone have any tips on how to get a better price?

$863.00 CDN roundtrip is what I get including all taxes for the above specified dates

Great price… I want to book for April/2009 Leaving from Toronto!
LOL If I get those prices I’ll never be home…

Westjet is the one that had the one-way $99 between TO and PC. Unfortunately I missed the $99 from TO to PC but booked at the really low $99 fare for the way back.

All you have to do is go on Westjet’s website from time to time, or sign up to get emails from them.