Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Help!

Me and my buddies age 18-19 are looking to plan a trip to Cuba. We are looking for a resort with great nightlife with lots of people our age, a younger crowd if you wish. It will be all of our first times to the Carribean so we really don’t know what to expect. Any recommendations for us?

Also what do you think about Mexico? Any resorts you would recommend there for us? Would you not recommend Mexico because of crime and such?

Last year when I was in Varadero there seemed to be a big crowd of 18-22 year olds at Villa Cuba. ;D

Having been to both in the last few years I would say that Mexico is definitely better for party animals - try the hotels around Cancun or Playa del Carmen

100 % go to Cuba, cause while you can get in trouble everywhere, you are a lot less likely to find it in Cuba.

Stick to Varader, anywhere else in Cuba you will be disappointed with the party scene, pick a hotel that is close to downtown, probably the hotels that are 3.5 or 4 stars at the most will have people your age. Heard Palmas Cuatros (sp?) is a good party spot. Lots of things to do off the resort and very safe. (of course the more drunk you get and the stupider you get and are more likely to get in some trouble, but still, it is relatively very safe, especially if you consider off resort).

The spring break party scene hasn’t hit Cuba yet. Other destinations like Mexico, Dominica Republic, Florida, etc. have waaay more choices for what you’re looking for. There are party bar strips in Mexico that handle more 18 - 19 year olds in one night than all the resorts in Cuba combined…

Have fun with your research, and play safe!

My two then 19 year old nieces went to Cuba two years ago for their spring break. They stayed at the Paloma Real in Varadero and loved it there, it was full of people their own age. It is in the heart of town and you have to walk about 5 minutes to get to the beach but there is a restaurant, bar and bathroom once you get there. They found the food acceptable and it had a disco right on site plus it was within walking distance to other clubs. I think for what you guys want, it would be a good choice.

Arenas Blancas is the party place for you, stumbling distance to town ;D and on the beach

I was also going to suggest either the Arenas Blancas or Palma Real for Cuba but like the others mentioned Mexico would be more of a party place to go . If you plan to go in March then Spring break in Mexico or Florida is defiently an option for sure.
I personaly feel the safest in Cuba for sure, it has allot to do wth the warm Cuban people ;D

Jackie

If I had kids and they were going to party, I would say Varadero for sure. I hear too much bad stuff about Mexico.

Last year, there were some fairly large parties of students that were organized through a student travel company out of Toronto. Several of the groups were at hotels in Varadero and Cayo Coco. There were HUGE problems with binge drinking and vandalism, which was a real shame. >:( While it was probably the minority of the students who were to blame, it spoiled the experience for several hotels, which will no longer accept student groups.

Several hotels have engaged additional security for this year’s student break period, and have notified some groups that last year’s raucous behaviour will not be tolerated this year.

If I were a parent (thankfully, I only deal with other people’s kids ;D), I would want my kid to go to Cuba. If I were a student that was looking for a great place for spring break, I’d choose Cuba also. But if I were a student looking to party-hearty for a week of excess, I would avoid Cuba like the plague. :wink:

don’t bother going to Santa Clara, late Feb, early March, you have to be over 60 to stay there and all the lights are turned out at 7PM. Oh and it’s a “dry” province
Best to stick to other places ;D :wink:

[quote=@iggy1]don’t bother going to Santa Clara, late Feb, early March, you have to be over 60 to stay there and all the lights are turned out at 7PM. Oh and it’s a “dry” province
Best to stick to other places ;D ;)[/quote]

Do you happen to be booked to go there in that time frame? ;D

[quote=@iggy1]don’t bother going to Santa Clara, late Feb, early March, you have to be over 60 to stay there and all the lights are turned out at 7PM. Oh and it’s a “dry” province

All they serve is flipper stew and seaweed pie! And happy hour is a nap! ;D

:o[quote=@madrugada]
All they serve is flipper stew and seaweed pie! ;D[/quote]

;D ;D ;D…and folks complain about the food in Cuba :o (reference another current thread ;))

I guess it would seem that the difference between going to Varadero and other desitnations that cater to spring break is how hard core you want the party to be.

Are you looking for a ‘stumble around half passed out the whole week and hope to make it back on the flight back home’ kinda party, or are you looking for a ‘stumble around some nights and hope to make it back to your own bed’ kinda party ::slight_smile: (Doesn’t really have to be your own bed, could be someone else’s if you’re lucky, ;D but you get the idea).

Like someone said, if it was my kids going (who by the way will be locked up in the basement from 14 to 20 :-X) I’d rather they go to Varadero.

[quote=@sunny2][quote=@iggy1]don’t bother going to Santa Clara, late Feb, early March, you have to be over 60 to stay there and all the lights are turned out at 7PM. Oh and it’s a “dry” province

Do you happen to be booked to go there in that time frame? ;D[/quote]

Who me ??? ??? ???
no no no you’ve got me all wrong LOL

and maybe liver and spinach, and they make you eat all of it LOL :wink:

WOW Thanks everyone for the replies!! We are actually looking at going when school is done for us now as one of us was not able to make it for spring break, so now we are looking at going the end of April/ start of May. I know this time of year is not nearly as wild as Spring break, what would you recommend for this time of year? Also we have been looking at this resort in the DR (Grand Palladium Bávaro)
has anyone heard anything? Good/Bad?