Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Helping some folks in the Guardalavaca area

Iani, thanks for your reply. Would the cab drivers at Brisas know where to find the pastor or do I just ask to go to Guardalavaca and ask a local once we are there?

Also, when you say in 3 weeks, is that from today? As I will be going in 3 weeks.

Hi Ewka

Just get a cab, and ask them to take you to Melilla and the pastor.
You will find the church, it is a green building, half way down on the right hand side of the main street in the village.

If you haven’t come across it before, here is a map of the area.

We will be leaving the UK on the 24th, and staying at the Playa Pesquero

This is a great link! My husband and I are going to the Club Amigo on March 14th. We are planning on trying to locate Pastor Eddie’s Church.

Hello all,

Wireless here…we are heading down to see Pastor Eddy in a week or so. Can anyone tell me if flygt’s requests on behalf of Pastor Eddy are still valid? Have some of the items been filled? Just questioning if there’s anything in particular Pastor Eddy is in need of other than what’s been listed (flygt’s original post is from Oct. 5th).

Thanks!

Hi Wireless Willie

We have just got back from Cuba, less than an hour ago.

Yip ! Flygt requests are still valid. The inkjet cartridges will always be an on going requirement.

Spanish bibles are always in need, if you can help there, they would be very pleased to receive them.

Paint rollers, and axle blades, along with memory sticks for his computer, are also very useful.

Ian

:slight_smile: We have just returned from our first trip to Cuba…and it won’t be our last! What a lovely country and what beautiful, proud people it has produced… :slight_smile:

We stayed at Playa Costa Verde, on Pasquero Beach, and took a cab to the small market at Guardalavaca, which was quoted at 10 CC each way. We had, with us, a number of items to give to Pastor Eddy, after reading about him on this great forum.

The driver took us to Melilla on the way to Guardalavaca for an extra 2 CC. :smiley: and waited for us. We spent 10 minutes basking in the warm hospitality of the Pastor and his wife, who graciously accepted our items.

We had Tylenol and Aspirin, and when I asked if there was a clinic nearby, he explained that the town had two doctors who ran one, and they were members of his congregation, so he would gladly pass the medication along.

There were small piles of rock, gravel and sand at the side of the church, and Pastor Eddy said he had gained a permit to build. He has asked for an enlargement of the original plan, so will be told in about 2 weeks if that is approved.

I was touched when he stoked the two pairs of new leather work gloves we had brought and said that they were ‘so beautiful’. ( The rocks piled up are red , rough, and sharp looking!)

When leaving, I asked him if there was something he especially needed at the moment, and he said that for his printing… HP ink cartridges # 92 and # 93.

We had taken a number of things down to give to the workers at our resort as well, and they were accepted with grace and appreciation, but we really felt we had done something special as we drove away from the church in Melilla.

Hi

I am going to PCV in early March and would like to take HP 92/93 cartridges. Unfortunately I am unable to purchase these in the UK and Hewlett Packard cannot tell me the compatible number in the UK. Can anyone help, please.

[quote author=pommie board=Cuba thread=1191587306 post=1203526247]Hi

I am going to PCV in early March and would like to take HP 92/93 cartridges. Unfortunately I am unable to purchase these in the UK and Hewlett Packard cannot tell me the compatible number in the UK. Can anyone help, please.[/quote]

Edits printer is Canadian, and you wont get the inkjets over here for it, so I would leave it up to the good folks of Canada to help in this regard.

Ian

Hi Ian
Thanks for that. I will take other things instead

Just wanted to let you know that we were at Pastor Eddy’s church on February 14. He is very excited that he has the materials there to start the new church. The construction will begin next month he told us. We were able to take him some Spanish testements for the church. We try to take him some every time we go.

I’d like to thank Debbie’s forum for keeping this thread alive.

Hi Fellow Pastor Eddy Fans:

Any update on the following:

• construction of the new Church

• Items needed by Pastor Eddy

We’re planning our fourth trip to Playa Pesquero in November and want to visit Pastor Eddy again, but bring him items that he needs instead of the usualy stuff people bring down.

Thanks

PS. What about money donations to Pastor Eddy? Have people done this before?

[quote=@thetraveller]

PS. What about money donations to Pastor Eddy? Have people done this before?[/quote]

Can’t give you any updates on the building.

Cash donations will be welcome, as the building materials are very expensive.

Some of the congregation especially those that are working, donate part of their salary.

Spanish Bibles are required.

Kirenia likes classical music, and the pastor is a bit of a rocker, so music is always welcome.

Computer storage devices are also very useful.

I will be at PRDO in September - how long a taxi trip is it to PE’s, and how much would it cost?

When you refer to computer storage devices, do you mean those thumbdrive GB memory sticks that come in 2, 4, and 8 GB?

Hi Eloisegirl

We have taken USB Flash Drives for the Pastor.

The bigger the GB size, the better.

As a guestimate you are about 15 - 20 minutes away from Melilla, cost of taxi - approx 10 CUC.

We’ll be back in Melilla the third week of September.

Ian and Shirley

I am so happy to see that people are still visiting, and helping Pastor Eddie and these wonderful Cuban People! We were there two years ago and brought numerous items as well as a glucomator and much needed syringes for Eddie’s insulin. We speak of him often, and always wonder how he is. Thank you everyone for keeping us all posted!

Wow, I was shocked when I found this post. 2 years ago friends of ours went to Cuba and a worker at the Blau gave them a map to go and visit Pastor Eddie. They in turn gave us the map when we went last year. We had no idea that there were many people that visited him and his church. What a great surprise. We are heading down again April 2009 with 5 other couples with plans to take what we can down to them. I was going to send him a letter asking what he would like us to bring, but this link helped us out greatly. Hopefully there will be some updates before we go next year. Does he have access to email, probably not but thought I would ask.

noticing last post was in 2008…is the information still the same?

He’s still there as of Jan 2011.

Headed to Guardalavaca area this November, 2019. Anyone know if Pastor Eddie is still there to take donations?

1 Like