Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Holguin Airport Problems?

I’ve read on another site that the x-ray scanner area in the Holguin Airport is down to one scanner as the other is broken. This is affecting both arriving and departing flights I guess?

Anyone been through recently that can speak to this? What a nightmare to have to queue for a hour+ both arriving and departing the airport… ugh… thoughts?

Jan 30/14 there was only one scanner working, but since we were the only flight in at the time, we had no real problems…

I know on February 14th there was only one scanner working in Departures. Hopefully it will have been fixed by now.

[quote=@eclaire]I’ve read on another site that the x-ray scanner area in the Holguin Airport is down to one scanner as the other is broken. This is affecting both arriving and departing flights I guess?

Anyone been through recently that can speak to this? What a nightmare to have to queue for a hour+ both arriving and departing the airport… ugh… thoughts?[/quote]

x-ray scanner area in the Holguin Airport is down still. Confirmed last night! But people had big lineups coming to Canada here as well so waited in Holguin long time and in Toronto. So yes x-ray scanner area in the Holguin Airport is down still!

This would be a huge problem if an American plane landed just before you.

[quote=@admin][quote=@eclaire]I’ve read on another site that the x-ray scanner area in the Holguin Airport is down to one scanner as the other is broken. This is affecting both arriving and departing flights I guess?

Anyone been through recently that can speak to this? What a nightmare to have to queue for a hour+ both arriving and departing the airport… ugh… thoughts?[/quote] x-ray scanner area in the Holguin Airport is down still. Confirmed last night! But people had big lineups coming to Canada here as well so waited in Holguin long time and in Toronto. So yes x-ray scanner area in the Holguin Airport is down still![/quote]

So is it effecting flights landing in Holguin, or taking off from Holguin?

Or both?

Departing flights from Holguin had issues as they had only one x-ray working on Thursday February 27 2014.