Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Holiday Village Golden POP

Hi everyone, can anyone that has been her lately let me know about this resort. Thinking of going here with my grandchildren 5yrs and 2 1/2.

I can’t believe no one has any information on this resort.

My co-worker was looking at this, the TA highly recommended it. With the waterslides etc, I would think it would be perfect for younger kids…

we are booking this week…

One of our friends just came back from there and she has four children ages are 5,7,9,12. She said all of the children had probably the best time at any resort that they have ever gone to. With the water slide, wave pool and the pirate ship along with so many activities for the younger set everyone just loved it. Even the adults had no problems with the rooms, food or staff. However they were only not happy about one thing and that was you had to pay for lesson in certain sports the children might want to learn.

thanks for the great information, I am sure my grandchildren are going to love it!!!

She also stated they had the best kid’s club she has ever sent her children to.

We have booked for 1 week April 2/09

I don’t believe you and the grandchildren will be disappointed one lttle bit

I am just as excited as they are…my grandson has looked at the pictures of the wave pool and pirate ship so many times the brochure pages are falling apart…I will let you know how they enjoyed it…now to wait 60 days

I just came back on the 27th from that hotel. We were in the Royal Suites section. We loooved it. For an older hotel, it is very well maintained. I think it will take me until Easter to work off the weight - the food was so good.
It rained for 48 hours solid and the entertainers kept the kids and the not so young busy in the Theater. My daughter is expecting for April and we are already thinking of bringing the little guy in 3 years.
I posted my review and there is pictures also.

The Kids’ Club here was the BEST we have ever seen! The staff that works with the kids is nothing short of amazing. Our kids (they were 1.5 and 4 last year when we went) had an absolute blast there last year! :slight_smile:

We did find the beach kinda gross, littered with drinking straws and garbage. My MIL even found a used condom in the sand on our last day there, so keep your eyes peeled. :frowning:

The rooms were always clean, but our kids got sick one night and getting clean sheets and towels was a MAJOR hassle with the front desk (even though we didn’t want someone to clean it up, we just wanted clean linens to do it ourselves).

There was no running water in our rooms for the good part of the day for a few of the days we were there, but I’m assuming it was a fluke and wouldn’t think it commonplace.

For the kids, this resort was awesome. :slight_smile:

We took our kids there last year 8,10,12 at the time and they had a blast. We’ve been in the DR and Cuba several times and to Florida with the kids. The waterslide and water area is great and the kids club and activities here are the best I’ve seen at any resort. You should have a great time!

One difference with the kids program here is it was much more in depth than just a kids babysitting type service. Also the people running the program are British so there isn’t a language barrier with the kids.

gaitergal and maritimefamily
thanks for all the information!!!
Can you recommend a room or block, we want our rooms together we have booked 2 family rooms.

thanks,
Hula

Received our E-tickets today…now it really feels like we are going!!!

woohoo :o that is exciting!!! April 2nd is my daugther’s Sweet 16!!

awww, sweet 16, I remember those days…

Just a quick question, does HCGB still offer the adults only upgrade, when I was looking at it on-line it did offer a deluxe room, but no mention anywhere regarding this option.

yes they still offer the adults only up-grade it is now called Royal Service or something like that.

Yes, the Royal Suites – it is a separate little section of the resort. :slight_smile: